Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Digidesign Hardware & Software
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-12-1998, 09:14 AM

Default SC II PC

Do you have ANYBODY working on SC II PC software!? It doesn't support long filenames and it's 1998 with Windows 98 coming out!
This is INCREDIBLE! Please tell me if there is EVER going to be an update!
Old 05-22-1998, 08:50 AM

Default Re: SC II PC

Thanks for bringing this up. I agree. Other sampler manufacturers release regular software updates, while digidesign don't really seem to care too much about their current users. I sent tech support a similar email asking when a new editor with some decent features would be out and got a one line email in reply saying version 1.02 was on the website, which only fixes a few bugs from 1994! Why do mac users get decent software with their samplecell and we're stuck with the poor effort of an editor we have?
Old 06-02-1998, 10:55 AM
Avid

Yes SampleCell PC is still under development. I can't talk about what shape or form they will manifest but stay tuned.

-BM-
Old 06-04-1998, 04:42 PM

I don't know why Digidesign are dragging there feet concerning SC II PC - its perfect for music production on PC. With the likes of Akai's new range of samplers and Yamaha both moving into the WAV format, Digidesign better not wait too long before coming out with an upgrade at least to blend with Windows 95 / 98.
Old 06-13-1998, 01:24 PM

Digi,

I would say time is overdue for a win95/98 release of the SCII and of course AMIII. Do you really continue to support your windows products...?
I use both cards now for more than 2 years, still with the same editor/ drivers. Ok, it works but don't you think it's time for a new release?

If you currently (almost 2 years now) do not have the resources for developing these products, what do you think of outsourcing your windows products to provide support through a third party company?

Regards
Merlin

p.s. My company has the resources to provide quality customer and driver support!
Old 07-06-1998, 12:51 AM

Thanks techspt for the good news, even if it is long overdue! Can't wait. Rez filters would be good like all the other samplers on the market. Samplecell PC IS such a great way of working and an excellent product, it's just the lack of so many basic software features that other samplers have that let it down, to me. Here's hoping

Ciao