How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Virtual Instruments
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-06-2014, 03:47 AM

Default Transfuser Fun

Apologies,
I'm pretty late coming to the transfuser party and from what I've read so far there isn't much festive cheer going on. Anyway, after wanting it for a long time I finally bought Transfuser 1.0 on ebay in the hope of expanding my palette for remixing purposes. I didn't want to purchase the 2.0 version due to the fact that I'm operating from PT 9.0.3. For the most part everything is stable so I said I'd avoid upgrading for as long as I could. Having installed it I'm now having trouble reading the factory content. I can load other audio files from my system but not the Transfuser Factory files. The folder is in the right place as far as I know "applications -> Digidesign -> Transfuser" on Mac.
Anyone any suggestions? I did try a reinstall but no dice.

Also, I downloaded the 1.3 upgrade installer but when I load PT's it tells me I don't have the proper license on my i-lok for this version. Does anyone know if this was a paid upgrade or a free one?

Any help/suggestions would be most welcome.

Nick
Old 06-07-2014, 08:24 AM

Default Re: Transfuser Fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamanchi Doyle View Post
Apologies,
I'm pretty late coming to the transfuser party and from what I've read so far there isn't much festive cheer going on. Anyway, after wanting it for a long time I finally bought Transfuser 1.0 on ebay in the hope of expanding my palette for remixing purposes. I didn't want to purchase the 2.0 version due to the fact that I'm operating from PT 9.0.3. For the most part everything is stable so I said I'd avoid upgrading for as long as I could. Having installed it I'm now having trouble reading the factory content. I can load other audio files from my system but not the Transfuser Factory files. The folder is in the right place as far as I know "applications -> Digidesign -> Transfuser" on Mac.
Anyone any suggestions? I did try a reinstall but no dice.

Also, I downloaded the 1.3 upgrade installer but when I load PT's it tells me I don't have the proper license on my i-lok for this version. Does anyone know if this was a paid upgrade or a free one?

Any help/suggestions would be most welcome.

Nick
Nick, From what you describe, I'm wondering if the factory content was included in whatever it was you downloaded from eBay? I can't recall if the upgrade from 1.0 to 1.3 was paid or not as I upgraded to the entire PTIEP from Hybrid. You'd need to contact AIR directly regarding the licensing issue. I must warn, however, that many of us here have had some issues with their customer service.

That said, I am huge fan of Transfuser and use it in nearly ALL my projects in one way or another. So, do whatever you need to do to get up and running properly. Eventually, you'll find you're only using the factory content about 1/2 the time, if that. At least that's been true for me.

But for your immediate problem, I would double check the files you downloaded and first see if the factory content is actually there. If not, take that up with whoever you bought this from on E-bay.

Old 06-08-2014, 12:00 AM

The 1.3 upgrade was a $99 paid upgrade and is done through Avid as it was released while AIR was still a part of Avid.

Shifting Sands Audio
www.shiftingsandsaudio.com
soundcloud.com/shiftingsands

Asus X79 Deluxe | i7 4930K @ 4.1 | 32Gb Ripjaws CL9 GBLZ | Radeon R5 230 | Win7 Pro (64) | 256Gb Samsung 850 SSD | 2x 1Tb Seagate SATA | 250Gb Samsung EVO SSD | 128 Samsung SSD | Antec 650W | ProTools 11.3.2HD, 10.3.9HD, 12.5 | Cubase 9.0.20 Pro | Nuendo 8 | Studio One 3.2 Pro | RME UFX | 2x Octopre Mkii Dynamic | Alphatrack | DTouch | Logitech G510 | Kensington Trackball | Yamaha UX256
Old 06-08-2014, 02:46 PM

Thanks Chaz.

Still available as an upgrade do you know? Was hoping this might remedy the problem.
Old 06-08-2014, 02:44 PM

Hi Donald,

Thanks for the reply. Much appreciated.
I purchased a hard copy (DVD) from ebay and subsequently installed the plug-in and factory content. I-lok license was transferred through the I-lok website. It just doesn't seem to read or let me link to the factory content within Transfuser. I hear what you're saying about only using it half the time. I've tonnes of other material but figured I should get what I paid for. And yeah, I've heard that about AIR alright. Shame, I do rather like their stuff and had particularly been looking forward to finally getting around to using Transfuser. Anyway, I'll keep trying.

Cheers
Old 06-08-2014, 07:26 PM

It's on 2.0 now and it's well worth it! If you have the budget you might be able to get all 7 of the PTIEP VIs for $99. Since you own the license to Transfuser 1.0, you might be eligible for that. That gives you Transfuser, Strike, Hybrid, Velvet, Structure, Loom and Vacuum Pro. Visit the AiR websites and check out your options.

Old 06-09-2014, 02:49 AM

Yeah I'd weighed that up alright. But you need to be rockin PT's 10 or above. I've a few plug-ins such as BFD 2 etc that I'd use a bit that are all at or nearing that upgrade stage to newer versions. It means a fairly chunky outlay to get everything up to latest versions (incl PT's) I'll have to eventually, but with my system behaving fairly well at the minute I'm loath to plunge back into that insanely annoying world of trying to get everything talking to everything else if you get my meaning.
Old 06-09-2014, 06:25 AM

Quote:
Yeah I'd weighed that up alright. But you need to be rockin PT's 10 or above. I've a few plug-ins such as BFD 2 etc that I'd use a bit that are all at or nearing that upgrade stage to newer versions. It means a fairly chunky outlay to get everything up to latest versions (incl PT's) I'll have to eventually, but with my system behaving fairly well at the minute I'm loath to plunge back into that insanely annoying world of trying to get everything talking to everything else if you get my meaning.
I understand that. You could get the VST versions of the AIR instruments and host them in Reaper in Pro Tools until such time as you do upgrade to PT 11, then you can switch to their AAX versions.

Old 06-09-2014, 08:32 AM

Interesting stuff. Didn't realise this was an option. Will definitely look into that. Thanks again Donald!
Old 06-10-2014, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Interesting stuff. Didn't realise this was an option. Will definitely look into that. Thanks again Donald!
Actually you have a couple options that may work for you here. Since you're still on PT9, you're 32bit. You could get the fully functional trial version of Reaper. Here's a little how to video I made a while back on how to set that up in PT. You should be able to host all 7 of the VST versions of the AIR instruments in PT using Reaper as a host in this way.

Option 2: Check out Patchwork from Blue Cat Audio. There's a 32bit RTAS version you could run in PT9 and then host any 32bit VSTi you wish on a PT instrument track. (or any other VST plugin on any track if you wish).

Either of these will work. If and when you do upgrade to PT11 and go 64bit, both of these are easily upgradable to that and you would also be able to install the AAX versions of the AIR instruments.

Good luck.