Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Additional Resources

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Post Production > Post - Surround - Video

Old 07-26-2013, 03:25 AM

Default automatic creation of sessions?

Hi all,
I'm wondering if there is some way to automatize the creation of basic PT sessions with given media.

Let's say I receive a batch of programmes, each 1 video and 4 audio files. I'd like to automatically create the session with everything lined up at session start.
I can automate the creation of the folder structure, and place the media inside Audio Files and Video Files, but of course the key would be to be able to modify a session file so it points to the correct media.

Any ideas? Thanks!
Old 07-26-2013, 08:50 PM

Default Re: automatic creation of sessions?

I don't think what you're asking is possible without some sophisticated OS X scripting. If you create a template, copy it, switch to spot mode and drag and drop media into Pro Tools, it's a pretty efficient process. Got an intern?
www.rhumba.pro