Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Additional Resources


Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Post Production > Post - Surround - Video

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 01-11-2010, 04:05 PM
JWalkerPostAudio JWalkerPostAudio is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Burbank, CA
Posts: 439
Default Issue with 8.0.3 and switching to other applications

I have found that since I have upgraded to 8.0.3, have difficulty switching to other applications while Pro Tools is playing back.

For example, when I loop a section of dialogue and then switch to FileMaker Pro (via Command + Tab) to create an ADR cue, I find that only about 40% of time will the FileMaker window surface above the quicktime video in Pro Tools. The other 60% of the time, the application will be switched but the FileMaker window remains behind the quicktime video. This is the same when switching to other applications and windows as well.

Has anyone else experienced this?

-Justin
__________________
IMDB
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 01-11-2010, 04:08 PM
JWalkerPostAudio JWalkerPostAudio is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Burbank, CA
Posts: 439
Default Re: Issue with 8.0.3 and switching to other applications

Also, this only seems to happen when application windows are open behind the Pro Tools quicktime window, so the problem appears to be related to the quicktime window only.
__________________
IMDB
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 01-12-2010, 02:43 PM
JWalkerPostAudio JWalkerPostAudio is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Burbank, CA
Posts: 439
Default Re: Issue with 8.0.3 and switching to other applications

Bump
__________________
IMDB
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 01-12-2010, 03:06 PM
infiniteloop infiniteloop is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 436
Default Re: Issue with 8.0.3 and switching to other applications

not the first quicktime bug in 8.0.3, and digi have acknowledged. Check DIAFXMX's thread.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Switching between HD and LE plug in issue MX582 Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac) 2 03-11-2011 09:51 PM
Using your DAW for other applications? OnlineRock Pro Tools Software (Mac) 3 12-09-2010 06:22 PM
Switching from M-Powered PT 7.4 to LE 8.0 region placement issue Gabe Lewis 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win) 4 11-03-2009 11:09 AM
Third party applications with PT 7.2 Jsalam112 Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac) 1 09-18-2006 03:24 PM
6.7cs7 Audiosuite switching issue Farmer Dave Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac) 3 01-26-2005 11:14 AM


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:58 AM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2008, Jelsoft Enterprises Limited. Forum Hosted By: URLJet.com