Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 2019

Old 04-30-2019, 05:37 PM

Default Re: Pro Tools 2019 !

Any reason why Avid doesn't comment upon this? I am 6 month into my subscription and nothing has improved in that period - waste of money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Old 04-30-2019, 05:47 PM

Default Pro Tools 2019 !

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieJones View Post
v19.5 1st week of May
Interesting
Old 04-30-2019, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GS-DK View Post
Any reason why Avid doesn't comment upon this? I am 6 month into my subscription and nothing has improved in that period - waste of money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
There was an interview with an Avid VP where he discussed the issues they were having on releasing the update as planned. Apparently they were getting a 20% failure rate with increased voices for HDX. They were also running into problems with Mojave compatibility although he was much more vague on that issue. So they are delaying the extra voices for HDX users to a later unannounced date. They are not even sure they can get the extra voices out of the HDX at this point. So the release in May will have double midi count, Mojave compatibility, adding plugins without stopping playback and a couple of other minor updates. Lastly, native users can purchase added voices if they need them.

You can hear the interview at this link:https://www.pro-tools-expert.com/hom...sive-interview

https://soundcloud.com/jason-kalman

Last edited by jasonkalman; 04-30-2019 at 06:22 PM.
Old 05-01-2019, 04:54 AM

Oh my god it's already may in my country where's the update?!
I've been hitting refresh for 12 hours straight and still n*o*t*h*i*n*g in my account!
Avid is such a bad company!

Old 05-01-2019, 06:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertDorn View Post
Last time they did mid tier interfaces was with a rebranded Apogee Quartet.
I don’t know why, cause you got the same interface as when you bought it from apogee.
If it would give broader functionality with pro tools then it would make sense.

If they ever would team up with Universal Audio for an integrated pro tools workflow to use your Apollo / uad plugins like with HDX , I’d be sold immediately.

But I guess that will never happen:)

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
Good god I hope they never will, UAD is a total Protools workflow buzz kill!
If anything I think UAD should just go the Presonus route and create their own DAW (Like we need yet another DAW option lol). I don't think Avid would gain anything from making yet another low end hardware option. The market is flooded with decent 3rd party options. As it was their Mbox/DiGi00X were seriously lacking and felt intentionally crippled (in order to not compete with their DSP hardware).
Old 05-01-2019, 06:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by digiot View Post
Good god I hope they never will, UAD is a total Protools workflow buzz kill!

If anything I think UAD should just go the Presonus route and create their own DAW (Like we need yet another DAW option lol). I don't think Avid would gain anything from making yet another low end hardware option. The market is flooded with decent 3rd party options. As it was their Mbox/DiGi00X were seriously lacking and felt intentionally crippled (in order to not compete with their DSP hardware).

I’m glad UAD exists. Couldn’t think of a bigger workflow killer than using 2009 PCIe cards, put them in an external box that converts PCIe to a thunderbolt cable, hook it up to a computer from the last approx 7 years and the find out that dsp aax plugins are quite a niche market nowadays.

Moreover, Apollo X kills HD I/O conversion quality , so what is ‘low end’ after all...

Old 05-01-2019, 06:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by digiot View Post
As it was their Mbox/DiGi00X were seriously lacking
I always thought the 003 rack+ was a well-specified piece of kit for its day. Eight mic pres with individual 48v, pad and phase, 8 line inputs on separate connectors with per-channel switching, control room monitoring support with level, main/alt, mono, dim and mute, 2 headphone outputs with separate level controls, instrument input, coax and optical spdif, word clock... Solidly built, internal psu... I was still using mine up till a month or so ago.
Apple Mac Pro 6,1 late 2013 2.7Ghz 12-Core Xeon E5, 64GB RAM, D500 Graphics, OSX Monterey 12.7.1/Pro Tools Ultimate 2023.12/Presonus Quantum 4848 Thunderbolt 2/Digidesign C|24/Focusrite ISA430 MkII/SPL GoldMike
Old 05-01-2019, 06:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinhill View Post
I always thought the 003 rack+ was a well-specified piece of kit for its day. Eight mic pres with individual 48v, pad and phase, 8 line inputs on separate connectors with per-channel switching, control room monitoring support with level, main/alt, mono, dim and mute, 2 headphone outputs with separate level controls, instrument input, coax and optical spdif, word clock... Solidly built, internal psu... I was still using mine up till a month or so ago.

Oh yes, and the 002 and 003 fader versions, double tap channel select for track naming, flip fader.. dedicated mix/edit window button.. only to find out that when I first switched to HD native with an Euphonix artist control, both those functions were gone:)

Old 05-01-2019, 07:58 AM

Mayday Mayday 2018 Pro Tools folder collapsing in on itself.
Mayday Mayday send in the the 19...
We’re not ready - too soon - too soon
You'll never be ready for this crowd...
Mayday Mayday send in the the 19...
send in the the 19...send in the the 19...
Old 05-01-2019, 09:31 AM

May..Day...1