Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Live Sound > VENUE Live Sound Systems

Old 05-06-2013, 09:48 PM

Default Iteleport Ecx issues

I have successfully set up and used a closed wireless network to connect my iPad to the d-show profile. For some reason when I switch over to opening act files I get kicked off and can not rejoin my connection. I have also had this issues on start up after doing a show the previous night. I have tried to reconnect with chicken of the VNC with no luck either. The only solution I have found that works is to reinstall the Ecx software on the console, not something I care to do every show day.

Anyone else have this issue? What could possibly be causing this? Any insight would be greatly appreciated.
Old 05-07-2013, 02:09 AM

Default Re: Iteleport Ecx issues

Hi, I'm not sure if I have an answer for you, but you could try setting up static IP addresses in case you are not doing it right now. I'm not using statics myself, and I'm also not using Ipad remote control but I do sometimes use Venue Link and I have found that for system to work I need to have parts powered on in certain order and if something gets restarted like a desk or a tracking computer it might be so, that this device will not be recognized anymore and everything, including router needs to be restarted in right order.
Old 05-08-2013, 04:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrislifer1 View Post
I have successfully set up and used a closed wireless network to connect my iPad to the d-show profile. For some reason when I switch over to opening act files I get kicked off and can not rejoin my connection. I have also had this issues on start up after doing a show the previous night. I have tried to reconnect with chicken of the VNC with no luck either. The only solution I have found that works is to reinstall the Ecx software on the console, not something I care to do every show day.

Anyone else have this issue? What could possibly be causing this? Any insight would be greatly appreciated.
Maybe your router assigns different address for the console after the restart. Try either static addresses or fixing console's address in the router settings (if available).
Old 05-08-2013, 08:39 AM

It is set up to acquire address automatically but still has the same address upon restart. I have tried to power cycle the router, no luck.
Old 05-12-2013, 11:22 AM

I have found a work around. By powering down the wireless router before switching show files, then powering up the router once the console is done loading I can get back online. Otherwise I will end up having to reinstall the Ecx software. I have gone through this several times and cant seem to figure out why the Ecx software gets corrupt when switching show files.
Old 05-13-2013, 01:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrislifer1 View Post
I have found a work around. By powering down the wireless router before switching show files, then powering up the router once the console is done loading I can get back online. Otherwise I will end up having to reinstall the Ecx software. I have gone through this several times and cant seem to figure out why the Ecx software gets corrupt when switching show files.
Is reinstall the only thing that helps? Have you tried rebooting console?
Old 05-13-2013, 10:55 PM
Avid

Hi,

I haven't heard of this happening, but we'll gladly check it out. Do you have two show files that you've experienced this issue with? If so, please send copies of these files to venuesupport(at)avid(dot)com and reference this DUC post. Or does it happen every time you switch between any two show files?

Also, if you're not already running VENUE 3.0 and the latest ECx 3.0 software those are a good place to start. Both included improvements to network performance.

Sheldon
Old 05-14-2013, 02:01 PM
Avid

Hi again,

I just tried this with VENUE 3.0 and ECx 3.0 and everything worked as expected. I loaded about 10 different shows, and the ECx connection remained intact at all times. Let us know if you continue to have a different experience using the latest versions of software and we can investigate further.

Sheldon