Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Live Sound > VENUE Live Sound Systems

Old 03-18-2013, 02:08 PM

Exclamation Iteleport and SC48 help!

So I've got an SC48 that just got serviced and updated with the latest software.
I went and got a new linksys wireless router and an iPad 3.

The first sound check that I had with the new stuff at I hooked it all up and tried to take remote control of my console before I did anything else and it didn't work. The console showed that it was automatically assigned the IP address like it as supposed to be, then I connected my iPad to the linksys network. When I would open I teleport I made a new connection, I double checked all the settings - password, ip, etc. everything was correct. But when I would try to connect up and take remote control it would just say on the screen waiting for connection to server or something like that. So I messed with it a little bit more then stopped after I couldn't get it to work so that I could continue on with soundcheck. I didn't mess with it anymore that show. Next show was a week later. Did our normal thing in setting up and doing soundcheck. After soundcheck was over I thought I would give it a shot and try again. Not changing anything as far as settings go. I plugged in the router and let it come all the way on then I hooked up the SC48 to the router and let it assign and IP then I connected my iPad to the network and opened I teleport hit connect and it did the same thing as usual, it said waiting for server or something like that. So I stopped that, left everything connected and just held in the reset button on the back of the router and let it reset. I proceeded to connect my iPad back up to the router and open I teleport. Settings and everything are all still the same as the other times when it wasn't working. When I hit connect it instantly popped up and took control of my console. Everything worked just fine. So I'm stumped at this point as to why it worked and why it didn't before. So I disconnect the router and power it all off and try to recreate the process to see if it will work again. Going through the same thing of hooking it all up then resetting the router worked, I was able to take control of the console. So at this point it seemed like I have figured out how to make this thing work. I go about my business doing things on my console and have to restart it, after I do I go though all the steps to get I teleport to work and it didn't, nothing that I tried to get I teleport to connect to the console would work. I'm very frustrated at this point and start thinking that maybe restarting the console causes something software related to not load right or something, I'm not sure. So I decide to shut down the console completely and pull the power out and let it sit for an hour. After an hour I plug it in and turn on the console. Once it is up I proceed to connect my router in the same order that I did when I was able to get it to work, sure enough it worked. Ive had 2 shows since then and have been unsuccessful in getting I teleport to connect to my SC48. So I'm really stumped as to what is really going on here. I just want iteleport to be able to take control of my console when I want it to!!!

AVID! MAKE A PROPRIETARY APP!!!

Any help with a solution would be great appreciated!!
Old 03-19-2013, 08:52 AM

Default Re: Iteleport and SC48 help!

Quite strange. VNC is known to work well - at least for connection. So I'd suggest you to try another router.
Old 03-19-2013, 10:10 AM

Default Re: Iteleport and SC48 help!

I'm using an Apple Airport and it always works. That said, I also always use a static address on the Venue so there's no question at to what the IP address is on power up. So I'd recommend staying with a static IP on the desk and make sure your router's DHCP pool doesn't include that static address.

Exclusively at the Miners Foundry