Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Artist Series

Old 07-03-2019, 08:28 PM

Default Plugin GUIs disappear at first

Sorry if this is in another 19.5.1 thread, but I don't THINK it is...

Currently on PT 2019.6 and EUCON 19.5.1. I updated both at the same time, so I'm not sure which one caused it, but... on clicking to open a plugin, the GUI goes away. Controls for said plugin appear on my Artist Control's encoders (as they should), then go away when the GUI goes away, so I guess it's closing the GUI AND un-attentioning it. This does not happen if I disable EUCON in PT Prefs, so I guess it has to do with EUCON somehow. I imagine it's one of the new prefs, but since I imagine this isn't "desired behaviour", I'm not sure which pref to disable in EUCON to prevent this from happening.

Thoughts?
Old 07-03-2019, 08:41 PM

Default Re: Plugin GUIs disappear at first

Out of sheer frustration, I thought I'd bang around at it a bit.

So...

1) with "Close Windows on Workstation When Exiting", this does not happen. "Open Windows on Workstation When Editing" and its drop-down menu seem to have no effect.

2) with the "Close Windows..." option selected, if I click on another plug-in on the same track, it works fine. When I select any other plugin on any other track, it pops up for a sec... then disappears, and the controls of the disappeared plugin are not on the Artist Control rotaries. If I close the GUI of any plugin that WAS onscreen, the controls stay as they were on the Artist Control, as they should.
Old 07-09-2019, 02:31 AM

I find this whole auto plugin window open/close behaviour pretty inconsistent. Sometimes when you select across a bunch of tracks 8 or 9 channel strips pop up but never close when you de-select and you have to click away 9 or more plugin windows manually. Sometimes they don't open at all.

Is this a bug or feature? Does it depend on which mode you have set on your Mix? CHAN mode or not? Tried both and couldn't see a different consistent behaviour.

hm...
Old 07-09-2019, 04:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Kruse View Post
I find this whole auto plugin window open/close behaviour pretty inconsistent. Sometimes when you select across a bunch of tracks 8 or 9 channel strips pop up but never close when you de-select and you have to click away 9 or more plugin windows manually. Sometimes they don't open at all.

Is this a bug or feature? Does it depend on which mode you have set on your Mix? CHAN mode or not? Tried both and couldn't see a different consistent behaviour.

hm...

Are you referring to an Artist Mix? I have a Control, no “CHAN” mode.
Old 07-11-2019, 06:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neale View Post
Are you referring to an Artist Mix? I have a Control, no “CHAN” mode.
Yes, a Mix. There's a FLIP CHAN button. I mostly work in a mode where I have that button on.
Old 07-11-2019, 07:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Kruse View Post
Yes, a Mix. There's a FLIP CHAN button. I mostly work in a mode where I have that button on.

Not MY problem, as I have a Control as noted.

So... something else bunging it up.
Old 07-13-2019, 08:22 AM

Any workarounds?

Eddie, a fix in EUCON 2019.7?
Old 08-11-2019, 12:30 PM

Well, at least plugins GUIs don't disappear anymore when selected by clicking in PT now that I've updated to EUCON 19.7. Problem is... now when I click on a plugin, the controls are no longer automatically on my Artist Control knobs like they were in 19.5.1. I can see the controls might flash on the control surface then go away, kind of like what I'd previously seen in PT.

This one isn't as annoying, but I'd like it to work like my Command 8 used to - click on the plugin, parameters come up on my control surface. It did while I was on 19.5.1, but then the annoying behaviour in the DAW itself.
Old 08-12-2019, 09:19 AM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neale View Post
Well, at least plugins GUIs don't disappear anymore when selected by clicking in PT now that I've updated to EUCON 19.7. Problem is... now when I click on a plugin, the controls are no longer automatically on my Artist Control knobs like they were in 19.5.1. I can see the controls might flash on the control surface then go away, kind of like what I'd previously seen in PT.

This one isn't as annoying, but I'd like it to work like my Command 8 used to - click on the plugin, parameters come up on my control surface. It did while I was on 19.5.1, but then the annoying behaviour in the DAW itself.
Have you checked the new pref for this ?
Old 08-12-2019, 10:20 AM

Default Plugin GUIs disappear at first

I know there’s a new pref for windows opening on the workstation, but the “Attention Most Recently Clicked DAW Area” selection is as it was before (“Plug-Ins”), as the unified uninstaller doesn’t remove these prefs (even when the box in the uninstaller is ticked). Rotating through the three new “Open Windows on Workstation...” options doesn’t do anything.

Again, I’ll sometimes see a flicker of the parameters go by on the Control... but then they disappear within half a second... like it’s trying to attention then but then something else tells it to back to the root channel view (Inserts, Sends, etc...)

Last edited by Neale; 08-12-2019 at 10:55 AM.