Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-22-2008, 08:04 PM

Default No Audio Input or Output Suddenly

I use an 001 LE system and suddenly, after a week away, I tried pulling up sessions again and can hear no output. I tried a bunch of different sessions, and I can't hear anything on any of them. I then tried to record to track, and I am unable to get a signal. The 001 unit power lights are on, yet the earphones do not even work. I have checked my monitors, and they are both connected fine, and work when plugged in elsewhere (but again, no sound out of the headphones either, so there is something going on besides the monitors). The only thing I can figure is that something was accidentally changed with the I/O setup, but that looks the same as it always does:

Inputs on tracks: Mic/Line 1 (i am trying to record through the 001 left input)

Outputs on tracks: Analog 1-2, S/PDIF L-R (stereo)

Output on Master: Analog 1-2, S/PDIF L-R (stereo)

The input tab in I/O setup has the Mic/Line 1-2, Analog 3-4, Analog 5-6 etc down the left column with the L and R boxes going down to the right diagonally. The output tab has the Analog 1-2, S/PDIF L-R, Analog 3-4, Analog 5-6 etc down the left column with the L and R boxes going down to the right diagonally.

Any ideas of what I might be able to try to figure out what is going on would be VERY appreciated. I am going completely bananas trying to figure this out.

thanks -
Old 02-22-2008, 08:24 PM

Default Re: No Audio Input or Output Suddenly

The monitor mode button didn't accidentally get pushed in did it?

Sometimes I'll run into an issue where the hardware cannot be found. A restart always clears it up, but when that does happen PT won't launch.

If it were me I'd shut down, and clean the interface cable. If that doesn't do the trick you might try cleaning the system with an app like Applejack or Cocktail, but the lack of a software error code points to a hardware issue.

Old 02-22-2008, 08:57 PM

thanks so much for the quick feedback... that wasn't the problem, but it reminded me of something. I had checked the monitor mode button before, but after reading your "accidentally get pushed in", i remembered that the housekeeper came through the other day, and without fail, she knocks out at least one appliance... internet, tv, electricity, something. At least she knocks it out of the park on the cleaning front, but this time she knocked loose the 001 connector to the mac i discovered in my subsequent investigation. Pushed it all the way back into the computer and presto! SOUND!!

thanks again! I will now be able to sleep tonight.
Old 02-23-2008, 10:41 AM

Fire the cleaning lady!
Old 02-23-2008, 01:12 PM

No doubt. If she worked for me she'd be informed that the next time something like that happens will be the last.