How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Other Products > MIDI
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-09-2010, 06:17 PM

Default automate midi routing?

Hi there,
basically I'd like my keyboard to control one instrument at the beginning of the song and then automatically switching to another instrument halfway trough...

If each instrument input was assigned to a different midi channel then automating midi routing of the keyboard would allow me to do that but I don't think it's possible...

Any other ideas or way around it?
Thanks!
Old 02-09-2010, 06:33 PM

Default Re: automate midi routing?

If your MIDI Controller supports Zones you can assign MIDI Channel messages and key range for respective Virtual Instruments.

filosofem
Old 02-10-2010, 10:40 PM

Default Re: automate midi routing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by filosofem View Post
If your MIDI Controller supports Zones you can assign MIDI Channel messages and key range for respective Virtual Instruments.

filosofem
Hey Filosofem!

I notice you're pretty knowledgeable with MIDI in general as well as the Axiom Pro..

I'm trying to figure out why automation isn't recording my parameter manipulations with my Axiom Pro or Kore 2 using Komplete 6...

Example..
I record a synth patch going between two chords over and over.
I arm automation on that instrument track and then hit play, tweaking the parameters (envelopes, filters, etc) as the chords play out.

Under normal circumstances with audio track automation, everything you hear should be recorded to a T. But with MIDI, for me at least, I hear everything as I'm tweaking, but when I play back... it plays the very last state of the tweaks I made. Nothing is recorded.

Anyway, sorry to hi-jack this post... but I could use some help!!

Windows 7 - Reaper 3 - Lynx Aurora 16 - RME HDSPe AES - DigiMax FS - Eureka - Axiom Pro - Yamaha HS80Ms + HS10W Sub