Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-16-2023, 11:29 AM

Default Re: Video window size not retained in 2023.9

Quote:
Originally Posted by audiolex1 View Post
I'm still running Mojave, PT 2023.6 with 3 monitors on a Shappire 580 gb with 3 monitors.
3rd being HDMI for video. Never had an issue on size. Always went full screen.

Could it be a display preference? Like maybe you have the monitor set higher than the video can really go, so it is adjusting? Like more than 60? Picture is 1080*1920 but the screen is set to double of that?

I'm just wondering if you screen is set bigger than the picture and PT is adjusting for the actual size of the picture on your monitor settings when you open the session.
Try setting the monitor to the dimensions of the picture and try that.

I'm speculating so Darryl I'm sure will correct me if I am wrong.
What you've mentioned is an interesting scenario, and I suppose possible? What's odd though is that it occurred sometimes in 2023.6 but not always, and now it's 100% of the time in 2023.9. That doesn't sound like a preference, but again, possible.

I suspect you're not experiencing this because you're on 2023.6. I'd be curious to know what you see with .9.
Old 10-16-2023, 11:30 AM

Also... @Avid, are you going to address this in any way? A response of some sort? It's quite old at this point, having to change this multiple times each and every day.
Old 10-16-2023, 04:13 PM

So I found a commonality:
If you create a new session with video in 2023.9, the picture does what it should (opens in the right space and right size)

If you use a session from 2023.6 or earlier (or a template from that period), then picture doesn't work right.

All my new sessions are opening correctly. If I get older sessions or open older sessions, they do not. I've asked one of those clients who delivers me sessions to re-build their template by creating a new session, importing from the old session everything but video, and then re-create the video track to see what happens.
Old 10-16-2023, 04:27 PM

Windows 10, PT 2023.9. Just noticed the video window not retaining it's size or responding properly to a Window Configuration with the right size. Went back to 2023.6 and it's all good.

Haven't done the template rebuild yet and may not. I've got a few that use video, but there is no video track in them until I import a video.

Hopefully Avid will address this in the future. Meanwhile, I'll continue to breathe.
SonoBus
Source-Connect: brucehayward
Options for Remote Direction
Old 10-16-2023, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BScout View Post
So I found a commonality:
If you create a new session with video in 2023.9, the picture does what it should (opens in the right space and right size)

If you use a session from 2023.6 or earlier (or a template from that period), then picture doesn't work right.

All my new sessions are opening correctly. If I get older sessions or open older sessions, they do not. I've asked one of those clients who delivers me sessions to re-build their template by creating a new session, importing from the old session everything but video, and then re-create the video track to see what happens.
Glad it's working there, but as mentioned a couple weeks ago, unfortunately this doesn't work for me. New sessions, old sessions, any of them. I see the window size issue.
Old 10-16-2023, 09:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Lambert View Post
Glad it's working there, but as mentioned a couple weeks ago, unfortunately this doesn't work for me. New sessions, old sessions, any of them. I see the window size issue.
once you've set your windows like you want them to be, did you press f5 before saving and exiting?

Wave-T.com
Old 10-17-2023, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emcha_audio View Post
once you've set your windows like you want them to be, did you press f5 before saving and exiting?
Not sure what that's intended to do. F5 is the zoom tool for me.
Old 10-17-2023, 11:44 AM

As a fix, I've learned that I can get the window size to stay put -- remembered by PT -- if I select Original Size and then drag the window to a larger, custom size. PT doesn't seem to like that Full Size setting though it will behave when told to customize.
Old 12-29-2023, 06:26 PM

I posted this in another Thread, but thought it might also be relevant here:

Windows 10, Pro Tools Studio.

Work flow in 2023.6:

I have a Template for reading to video with Window Configurations for placing Markers, proofing, video size and for my 15.6 inch laptop which I use in my booth to remote control my desktop computer, control Pro Tools, and, of course, see the video and its timecode. When I create a session from my Template and import a video, the video window is the correct size and in the correct place. When I connect remotely to my laptop and change to the "Laptop Remote" Window Configuration my video window changes to the correct size and position for my laptop screen. When I disconnect the laptop and go back to my desktop, and its 29 inch 21:9 screen, I just have to change to the "Video Size" Window Configuration and the video window goes back to the correct size and position for my desktop screen.

In 2023.12, while initially all seems good when creating a session from my Template, once I've connected to my laptop, used "Laptop Remote" and then gone back to my desktop, no Windows Configuration will get the video window back to the correct size and position it originally started in.

Since there's nothing in 2023.12 that I can't live without, I'll stay at 2023.6 and keep checking any future updates.
SonoBus
Source-Connect: brucehayward
Options for Remote Direction
Old 12-30-2023, 10:40 AM

The video size issue remains in 2023.12.