Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 11
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-16-2013, 02:30 PM

Default What will everyone be replacing their Waves Plugins with?

Hi

I'm looking forward to PT11, I think it looks great, however I have the Waves Gold bundle and a few other Waves plug ins I will miss.

I was disappointed when Waves dropped iLok as, although I'm not a fan of the iLok monopoly, I have to have an iLok anyway for PT and other licences.

What will people be using instead of Waves?

Al
Old 04-16-2013, 03:00 PM

Default Re: What will everyone be replacing their Waves Plugins with?

We went HDX late last year and replaced all of them fairly easy except about 3-4 of them. We used those as RTAS. I assume we will use AAX-Native for those same ones in PT 11. Many of the newer waves plugins I like were never TDM to begin with. They were only available as RTAS. I really like the delay and reverb in Manny signature series. The eq (high end) is very nice too. But it's one of those newer waves plugins that are only RTAS.
Old 04-16-2013, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alio 45 View Post
Hi

I'm looking forward to PT11, I think it looks great, however I have the Waves Gold bundle and a few other Waves plug ins I will miss.

I was disappointed when Waves dropped iLok as, although I'm not a fan of the iLok monopoly, I have to have an iLok anyway for PT and other licences.

Al
We also have an old Waves Gold bundlemand even though we don't use it due to the fact that we found way better PI's for "us" but as waves announced that they are releasing AAX Native with PT11 we will keep using the few Waves plugins that are the ones we feel worx best in our studio i.e. SSL bundle | API bundle and CLA Bundle. We will also keep using Vocal Rider and a few more as soon as they become AAX so I don't really know what you are asking since most people will keep using Waves Native if they are still on the Waves train so .. AAX Native is coming to a screen near you very soon, I guess in end of May as PT will arrive then at 28th of May.
I don't agree with alot of Waves decisions and how they treat the HDX users who really need and bought that setup expecting to be able to use their expensive Waves bundles in AAX DSP but as that DSP thing is up in limbo we are moving away from Waves more and more. Check out McDsp and Slate Digital, They are Great and McDsp has ported most PI's to AAX already and Slate is coming soon.

PS. PT10 will come with PT11 so you can record in PT10 and mix in PT11 until all your favv PI's are AAX so I don't see why people (exept HDX users) are worrying about that. atleast AAX native is already tested and demo'd at both NAMM and NAB and Frankfurt MusikMesse2013 and they look like they are working great :)
Best
Chris

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 04-16-2013, 04:51 PM

Default Re: What will everyone be replacing their Waves Plugins with

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alio 45 View Post
Hi

Al
Are you thinking that you can't use Waves anymore because they using iLok anymore? If so, that is not an issue. The licenses simply reside in their cloud now and that works fine with any DAW. If this not what you meant then, never mind.
Old 04-16-2013, 05:08 PM

Default Re: What will everyone be replacing their Waves Plugins with

Not replacing. using license on USB flash drive.
However I will WUP when AAX is real. (And get some new Waves added to my particular bundle)
Have add some newcomers like Softube and Slate.
Use quite regularly most of the stock Avid Plugins.
Old 04-16-2013, 05:19 PM

I will be replacing my Waves plugs with.......... Wait for it........... Wait for it........... almost here...........

Waves.

Unless you are an HDX guy, this is really a non-issue.
What I found when I got there,
was that I couldn't stay away!

Hobo Shave!
Old 04-16-2013, 10:56 PM

Still going to use Waves, Soundtoys, EMI and my new favorite toys Kush Audio
Old 04-17-2013, 01:01 AM

I'm on HDX and will also replace Waves with Waves AAX-Native; I have absolutely no problem with that as I rarely tracked with PI's ... to me that just does not make sense as I can always insert them after the tracking is done. If I need to hear how things will sound with a compressor and an EQ and maybe a reverb (to test before tracking, which means I have to add AAX-DSP PI's) I have more than enough options to choose from.