Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-06-2010, 06:17 PM

Default :confused: Pro Tools HD playback thru Mbox/Mbox Micro?

Is it at all possible for Pro Tools HD 8.0.3 to playback through an old school Mbox? I have an Mbox micro that was hoping to use when I'm traveling to edit on flights and such... is that even possible since it's traditionally an LE device?

Also along those same lines... is it possible to connect an original Mbox for the same reasons? More specifically this time though, I am most interested in playing back through good speakers via the stereo outputs on the rear if I'm forced to work away from my studio.

Anyone out there that can point me in a good direction here?

Thanks.
Old 09-06-2010, 07:07 PM

Default Re: :confused: Pro Tools HD playback thru Mbox/Mbox Micro?

HD is not compatible with any LE interface. You need LE to use withMbox. Note that the original Mbox is not compatible with LE newer than 8.0.1, so a Snow Leopard machine needs to get a newer Mbox 2, Micro, Mini or 2 Pro and use 8.0.4.

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 09-06-2010, 07:27 PM

Default Re: :confused: Pro Tools HD playback thru Mbox/Mbox Micro?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzBum View Post
Is it at all possible for Pro Tools HD 8.0.3 to playback through an old school Mbox? I have an Mbox micro that was hoping to use when I'm traveling to edit on flights and such... is that even possible since it's traditionally an LE device?

Also along those same lines... is it possible to connect an original Mbox for the same reasons? More specifically this time though, I am most interested in playing back through good speakers via the stereo outputs on the rear if I'm forced to work away from my studio.

Anyone out there that can point me in a good direction here?

Thanks.
As mentioned HD and LE interfaces require separate software. However the sessions created between the 2 are interchangeable. So you can easily work on a session created in HD on an mbox. But as stated the original Mbox has reached it's end of life, so an Mbox 2 would be a better starting point. And would include the PTLE software to use with it.