Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > ICON & C|24
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-06-2005, 11:31 AM

Default Engineering a session tomorrow w/ a C24...

My question is basically about how they typically integrate w/ PT. I'm going to be editing and doing a couple of overdubs for a pretty high profile client in his studio, so I just want to have some kind of idea about what kinds of curveballs this console is going to throw me.

My guess is that PT still works the same regardless, however, assigning headphone cues n such are going to be where I'll be sweating. I'm more than comfy on my rig (HD2 accel/TAC matchless console) but I've never even messed with a control surface.

Any words of advise?

should i try to jump on the one up at Sam Ash for a minute (assuming they still have it and it's hooked up)?
Old 10-06-2005, 04:43 PM

Default Re: Engineering a session tomorrow w/ a C24...

Quote:
Any words of advise?

should i try to jump on the one up at Sam Ash for a minute (assuming they still have it and it's hooked up)?
That's a tough one....in some ways it's very intuative.....other things need to be figured out and there are shortcuts. Unless it all just makes 100% sense when you sit in front of it for the "first" time, you may want to keep that keyboard handy. As for going to SA for a demo, hopefully the board's in good shape and the G5's hard drive has had regular scheduled maintenance(---I'll leave that scenario yo everyone's imagination... ).

Do you know anyone with hands-ons knowledge of the C24 who could assist(2nd) you with your first go???

In any case, don't sweat it. Plus, you can download the User Manual here. Almost forgot........
Old 10-07-2005, 08:11 AM

Default Re: Engineering a session tomorrow w/ a C24...

I got in there last night and all was fine. despite a lot of people hating the thing, I actually thought it was easy and intuitive to get around. I couldn't justify spending the $$ on one myself tho.

BTW, thanks Armando!