Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post | Community Terms of Use | Avid.com Home Page

Google the Forum | Search Knowledge Base | Search Avid.com

Find Support | Support FAQ | Avid Support How To Video Series

Software Updates, Drivers, Manuals, Compatibility, Optimize, Troubleshoot, etc. (Links)

Please post your message once only to the correct forum
Help us Help You - READ THIS Before Posting!

Pro Tools 11 Information

Avid at AES Los Angeles 2014

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Old 02-28-2003, 12:43 PM

Default Re: Mbox dongle

I find it a little disturbing that everyone asked for a portable solution (like mbox), digidesign delivers this solution.. (at a great price to boot) and people are still complaining that its too big.. and a "pain to lug around" Are you smoking crack? Think of doing 24/96k audio recording editing and mixing.. and now think of the hardware and the $$$ you used to need to do it before Mbox.. Trust me its not a pain in the but to lug a mbox.. I would harldy call it lugging..
For those situations where you really are in a bind.. its called pro-tools free.. ITS FREE and IT WORKS.. albeit limited but it works..
You guys are truly spoiled
Old 02-28-2003, 12:54 PM

By Dalecoz
Quote:
Yes, this "dongle" would have to have and A/D conveter in it.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Hello. I don't want to be annoyingly anal, but the dongle described for playback would technically be a D/A. A/D would be for recording and/or importing.

By Baked Good Records
Quote:
Think of doing 24/96k audio recording editing and mixing.. and now think of the hardware and the $$$ you used to need to do it before Mbox..
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Again. I hate to be anal but the Mbox is 24/48. The only LE system capable of higher sampling rates is the 002.

The point has been made before but it's worth saying again. The Mbox is extremely portable, light, efficient and useful. The old saying says that you can never please everyone, but I think in this case you guys are being a little too picky.
Old 03-01-2003, 01:37 AM

sorry I meant 24/48... I had the 002 on the brain becuase thats what I have.. but Still My point still stands.. Its extremly cost effictive and portable.. I see nothing to complain about When it comes to portability with the MBOX

-James
Old 03-01-2003, 01:49 AM

I dont mind the mbox, but I'd love to see a pcmcia card solution also. Now that would be truely portable.

[img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
Old 03-01-2003, 06:46 AM

Yeah now that would be a great idea. But it would cost almost twice of what I paid of my Mbox.

Wiz