How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS

Old 02-29-2020, 05:38 PM

Default Re: PT7.3 and TRacks24 issue...Need advice

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 View Post
Try changing the port your audio interface is connected to. They're not all the same; older Macs have subtle differences between the ports on the front and the ones on the back. Swap the keyboard with the audio interface. You're not using a mouse?

You may want to fix your sig file - there's no way you have 250 gig of ram

Where are you storing your sessions? Internal drive in one of the drive bays?
Ok I'll try this. sig fixed ....

I created 2 folders: one is called "Pro Tools Tracks" and those are all the sessions I open and work on...the second one is called "Rough Edits PT7LE' and this where I can see all the wavs that I have done and ready to master in TRacks24..

Now when I try to "Bounce to Disk" nothing is converted or saved at all.

Today I was able to get it "Bounce to Disk" as a wav, BUT I don''t know whee my system put it because it didn't put it in the "Rough Edit.." folder....

I know this, because I tried to do another pass "Bounce to Disk" and the system said "Song already recorded as a wav. do you want to replace it"...

So I know it converted it , but where did it put it?

GMP
Old 03-01-2020, 03:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMP View Post
Ok I'll try this. sig fixed ....

I created 2 folders: one is called "Pro Tools Tracks" and those are all the sessions I open and work on...the second one is called "Rough Edits PT7LE' and this where I can see all the wavs that I have done and ready to master in TRacks24..

Now when I try to "Bounce to Disk" nothing is converted or saved at all.

Today I was able to get it "Bounce to Disk" as a wav, BUT I don''t know whee my system put it because it didn't put it in the "Rough Edit.." folder....

I know this, because I tried to do another pass "Bounce to Disk" and the system said "Song already recorded as a wav. do you want to replace it"...

So I know it converted it , but where did it put it?
You're complicating things with multiple folders. For now just use one folder - the folder where the PT session is stored. And since bounce is real time go the old school method and just record to a new audio track which gets saved with all the other audio files in the session. Don't mess with something you're having problems with. There's something I'm not understanding - what is this 'convert' you keep talking about?

Seems like you're having two different issues - TRacks 24 and 6104 errors. Have you tried what I wrote earlier and changed the connections on your USB connections swapping the audio interface for the keyboard & mouse? YOu also havent' qiote answered my other question - where exactly are you storing your sessions? Which drive? Internal or external?

QAPLA!

Last edited by musicman691; 03-01-2020 at 03:48 AM.
Old 03-09-2020, 03:37 PM

Quote:
You're complicating things with multiple folders. For now just use one folder - the folder where the PT session is stored. And since bounce is real time go the old school method and just record to a new audio track which gets saved with all the other audio files in the session. Don't mess with something you're having problems with. There's something I'm not understanding - what is this 'convert' you keep talking about?

Seems like you're having two different issues - TRacks 24 and 6104 errors. Have you tried what I wrote earlier and changed the connections on your USB connections swapping the audio interface for the keyboard & mouse? YOu also havent' qiote answered my other question - where exactly are you storing your sessions? Which drive? Internal or external?
Okay, I'm storing my sessions on the Internal Mac Drive. my external drive died resently.

I did the swapping on the audio interface

TRacks24 works fine.

-6104 error pops up from time to time, very annoying. hard to finish songs.

I tried to record to a Master fader and got a Horrible distortion. what happened there?

the 'Convert' is when I Bounce down from a Ptf to a wav. PT7 LE is not doing it that part anymore. so weird.

It's not converting at all...not to wav,. mp3 ...aiff....nothing.

GMP
Old 03-09-2020, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Okay, I'm storing my sessions on the Internal Mac Drive. my external drive died resently.

I did the swapping on the audio interface

TRacks24 works fine.

-6104 error pops up from time to time, very annoying. hard to finish songs.

I tried to record to a Master fader and got a Horrible distortion. what happened there?

the 'Convert' is when I Bounce down from a Ptf to a wav. PT7 LE is not doing it that part anymore. so weird.

It's not converting at all...not to wav,. mp3 ...aiff....nothing.
Why do you keep using something that obviously is not working for you? If I was you I'd go old school and be done with it. I've had far too many errors and problems with a bounce function in every daw I've used.

QAPLA!
Old 03-09-2020, 06:03 PM

Strange. For me bounce is one of the most stable functions in any DAW out there. What am I doing wrong as I don't have any trouble? Maybe because I always bounce real-time.
Old 03-15-2020, 05:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFreak View Post
Strange. For me bounce is one of the most stable functions in any DAW out there. What am I doing wrong as I don't have any trouble? Maybe because I always bounce real-time.
But I am Bouncing Real -Time when I "Bounce to Disk"

GMP
Old 03-15-2020, 05:30 AM

Quote:
Why do you keep using something that obviously is not working for you? If I was you I'd go old school and be done with it. I've had far too many errors and problems with a bounce function in every daw I've used.
Go Old School? Teach Me ...because I have no clue how to do it that way

GMP
Old 03-15-2020, 05:31 AM

Quote:
But I am Bouncing Real -Time when I "Bounce to Disk"
Good, that is IMO the only way to do it. Get to do quality control while it bounces.

Lately though many have begun using offline bounce because it is supposed to be faster. Only that it is actually slower if you take a listen to your bounce before you send it.
Old 03-15-2020, 05:46 AM

Quote:
Go Old School? Teach Me ...because I have no clue how to do it that way
I already told you how to do that in posts 31 and 34 in this thread in response to you asking this same question before.

QAPLA!
Old 03-25-2020, 07:08 PM

Quote:
I already told you how to do that in posts 31 and 34 in this thread in response to you asking this same question before.

you did, but everytime I try to do open a master fader track, I get an awfl distortion and feedback.

I'm obviously doing something wrong.

GMP