Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 2018

Old 02-11-2019, 02:37 PM

Default Re: In what area is Pro Tools REALLY lacking??

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrekcor View Post
+1 to all that.....

However I do like the workflow of MIDI in Cubase....but really from what I do with MIDI PT is more than able to fill my needs.

People are always going to find something to complain about. I just think you need to be flexible if something else does something better then use that to do the job..... you know there is no law against.... I’m pretty sure Avid won’t sanction you for it. But some of this sounds a lil petty..... like complaining my fork is useless for eating soup why can’t my fork be like my spoon it can do soup along with a bunch of other things, but your spoon can’t cut the meat..... and the argument goes around in circles. But no we use sometimes several utensils to eat our food sometimes just our fingers. And you could say just using one DAW is in part limiting your tool set. I’m not sure software developers like Avid and others are planning their future software development purely on what others are doing. If that were the case I think the long term R&D of Daw’s per say from all the various players would suffer and in the end, so would we.
But Avid markets Pro Tools as if it CAN be used as a spoon even through it's still very much just a fork. The suggestions I've listed would help to make PT a true spork!

Pro Tools Ultimate 2021.10 - macOS Big Sur 11.6
10 Core iMac Pro
64GB RAM - Radeon Pro Vega 56 8176 MB
UA Apollo x8
Old 02-14-2019, 06:58 AM

32 Channel IO limit for Pro Tools!! AVID please remove it, it's the only thing you have to do to keep me in Avid/Pro Tools land. It makes my PT12 and C24 totally unusable!
Old 02-16-2019, 12:45 AM

Pro Tools:
When you solo a channel and hear nothing. Like I want to listen to something and somebody just slaps me over the ears.
No other daw does this. Like: wtf man he soloed a channel, yah he must be using a console in the 80's, let's give that experience to him. doink.

Sorry, i'm fed up with useless mouse clicking.
Old 02-16-2019, 12:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mufi View Post
Pro Tools:
When you solo a channel and hear nothing. Like I want to listen to something and somebody just slaps me over the ears.
No other daw does this. Like: wtf man he soloed a channel, yah he must be using a console in the 80's, let's give that experience to him. doink.

I don’t understand why anyone would want to solo something that’s muted. I really don’t. “Hey where’s that weird frequency coming from?” “I don’t know, why don’t you try the channel that no one’s hearing?” “Great idea”
Old 02-16-2019, 01:06 AM

"he must be dumb eng using a mouse and keyboard just for letting time pass"
Me neither.
Also, at least follow the Media Composer workflow, make a source browser. If i want to hear what's outside the bounaries of a clip I must have a separate track for that, expand the clip, solo the track yada yada.
Again, sorry i must have worked too much in Nuendo.
Old 02-16-2019, 02:24 AM

Quote:
Pro Tools:

I hate this too. It drives me nuts. This is so utterly stupid. Avid please take a look at Logic, that's how it has to work!
Old 02-16-2019, 08:41 AM

I do it all the time. I might have three guitars, and initially choose to use two of them, and mute the other. Then as you're working on the song, you wonder if the third guitar does something of interest in a certain section. So you want to hear what's in that section.

Quote:
Originally Posted by midnightrambler View Post
I don’t understand why anyone would want to solo something that’s muted. I really don’t. “Hey where’s that weird frequency coming from?” “I don’t know, why don’t you try the channel that no one’s hearing?” “Great idea”
Old 02-17-2019, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deanrichard View Post
I do it all the time. I might have three guitars, and initially choose to use two of them, and mute the other. Then as you're working on the song, you wonder if the third guitar does something of interest in a certain section. So you want to hear what's in that section.
Well if there’s a real thirst for this to be added then who am I to disagree. Who knows, I may even end up liking it.
Old 02-17-2019, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Pro Tools:

Sounds like you might want to use the AFL/PFL feature.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Producer//Mixer//Bassist//Composer

benrubin.com

------------
PT Ultimate 2024.3, Mac Studio M1 Max, 64Gb RAM, Mac OSX 13.6.4, SSD sample drive,
Neve 8816, HD Native Thunderbolt, (2) Lynx Aurora 16, Benchmark DAC-1/ADC-1
Old 02-17-2019, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fretfingers View Post
But Avid markets Pro Tools as if it CAN be used as a spoon even through it's still very much just a fork. The suggestions I've listed would help to make PT a true spork!
But I don't want a spork. It sucks at being a spoon, and it sucks at being a fork!
- PreSonus Quantum 2 - PreSonus Studio 24c - Mackie Onyx 1640i
- Samsung T3 and T5 SSDs - Various USB2/3 and Firewire HDDs