Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools | Intro Discussion

Old 06-11-2018, 11:23 AM

Default Pro Tools Firsts Says I Have 3/3 Projects But I Only See 1

I recently downloaded Pro Tools First. Initially it said 0/0, then I started two projects and it said 2/3; but when I tried to start a third project I received an error message that said it couldn't create a new project because I had reached the maximum; but when I went to open; there was only two visible. I finished one of the two projects today; saved it; and then I deleted it out of Pro Tools. It then said 2/3 again, but once again upon trying to create a third project I received an error message that this time had a different message but now it says 3/3 even though I only have 1 project visible. Can anyone help me?
Old 06-15-2018, 10:24 AM

Default Re: Pro Tools Firsts Says I Have 3/3 Projects But I Only See 1

You will have to contact Avid support as they will need to fix this on their end.

System Details
Old 07-24-2018, 09:41 AM

Default Re: Can't create new project

I just installed First this morning. Same trouble. Avid Application Manager says all is good. iLok link is good. Tried logging in and out, and restarting/relaunching many times. Not interested in reinstalling. If I uninstall, it will be for good. Horrible UX. If anyone can help please do!
Old 07-29-2018, 06:30 PM

I am having the same issue as well - I've tried uninstalling the AVID apps and re-installing after confirming that the license for Pro Tools first shows on the website as registered.

Any ideas?
Old 07-30-2018, 02:15 PM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venus434 View Post
I am having a similar issues except it is saying that I have 3/3 projects, but I only have 2 projects visible. I have removed and reinstalled Pro Tools First 3 times. I have linked all of my Avid accounts and nothing is making that third project visible. It didn't say 3/3 until I tried to create a third project. Please someone help! My email is [email protected]

Hi, your account has already been fixed through a support case
Old 07-30-2018, 03:47 PM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krish View Post
I just installed First this morning. Same trouble. Avid Application Manager says all is good. iLok link is good. Tried logging in and out, and restarting/relaunching many times. Not interested in reinstalling. If I uninstall, it will be for good. Horrible UX. If anyone can help please do!

This is now under a support ticket. You'll receive an Email for updates
Old 07-30-2018, 03:47 PM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin235 View Post
I am having the same issue as well - I've tried uninstalling the AVID apps and re-installing after confirming that the license for Pro Tools first shows on the website as registered.

Any ideas?
Have you already tried signing out and signing back in?
Old 07-30-2018, 08:02 PM

I've tried signing out and back in. I can connect to my master account, all accounts are linked, registered, activated, and no problems signing in. Shows 1 project on my dashboard but 3/3 used. This all started a couple days ago when an upload to cloud from within a project froze at 9%. After that, every time I opened PTF it signed into my account but all task manager uploads/downloads failed. I uninstalled and reinstalled to fix that problem, but the 3/3 projects problem is still there. I'm afraid that if I delete this last project I won't be able to create another. Username is dark41 and email is [email protected]. Thanks
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PTF1.jpg (12.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg PTF2.jpg (14.6 KB, 0 views)
Old 07-31-2018, 08:56 PM

Never mind the above post. All the bugs, lack of decent support options, and being on a metered internet connection make this product a bad choice for me. Way too many other choices to be wasting my time on Avid Pro Tools First. Shame, as it has some features I really like but being tied to the cloud creates more problems than it's worth for me.
Old 08-02-2018, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigiTechSupt View Post
Have you already tried signing out and signing back in?
I can't sign-in successfully to Pro Tools first, despite being able to on the Avid Site, which yes, I've logged in and out of. And it did not fix the issue.