Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Getting Started
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-19-2017, 04:07 AM

Default Creating a playable CD from WAV files

This is a rather basic thing, making an end product out of Pro Tools recordings, but I can't find anything in the user guide abut how to do it. I've tried putting tracks into iTunes and converting to MP3, then burning to disc, but this produces a single continuous track that does not play any sound on my CD player. I'm still on the old Pro Tools LE8 version by the way. Any advice please?
Old 06-19-2017, 04:25 AM

Default Re: Creating a playable CD from WAV files

Why would you convert to MP3 to burn an audio disc?

Just bounce your file as a 16bit 44.1kHz wav file and import into a new iTunes playlist and then choose the burn playlist to disc option. Done.

Re: the one continuous file - not sure what you mean there. If they're individual songs, then they should appear as individual tracks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-19-2017, 04:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emerald View Post
This is a rather basic thing, making an end product out of Pro Tools recordings, but I can't find anything in the user guide abut how to do it. I've tried putting tracks into iTunes and converting to MP3, then burning to disc, but this produces a single continuous track that does not play any sound on my CD player. I'm still on the old Pro Tools LE8 version by the way. Any advice please?
DSP Quattro; not free but worth the money. And leave the PT files as wavs.

QAPLA!
Old 06-19-2017, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emerald View Post
More info might help. Mac or PC? Audio CD's are best made with wave files that are 16 bit/44.1K Interleaved. As said above, making a CD from MP3's is reducing your music quality. This might be fine to fit 3 hours of favorite tunes onto one CD for riding in the car, its a bad idea for anything you want to sound its best. ITunes can use wave files(as described above), as can Windows Media Player(for PC users). If your sessions are 24 bit(and I hope they ARE), remember to use a dither plugin as the very final process when bouncing to 16 bit(for burning to your audio CD).

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 06-20-2017, 03:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by albee1952 View Post
More info might help. Mac or PC? Audio CD's are best made with wave files that are 16 bit/44.1K Interleaved. As said above, making a CD from MP3's is reducing your music quality. This might be fine to fit 3 hours of favorite tunes onto one CD for riding in the car, its a bad idea for anything you want to sound its best. ITunes can use wave files(as described above), as can Windows Media Player(for PC users). If your sessions are 24 bit(and I hope they ARE), remember to use a dither plugin as the very final process when bouncing to 16 bit(for burning to your audio CD).
According to the op's profile page he's on an old Mac mini running OSX 10.6.8 so other than iTunes and DSP Quattro CD burning options are limited.

QAPLA!
Old 06-20-2017, 07:14 AM

There's also Burn which runs on SL and if memory serves me correct, the latest version of Roxio's Toast is also SL compatible. Might be 10.7... going from memory.

Regardless, iTunes is more than capable of doing what he needs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-20-2017, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 View Post
According to the op's profile page he's on an old Mac mini running OSX 10.6.8 so other than iTunes and DSP Quattro CD burning options are limited.
Maybe an older version of Toast?

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 06-20-2017, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by albee1952 View Post
Maybe an older version of Toast?
I should think so.

QAPLA!