View Single Post
Old 02-20-2012, 04:59 AM

Default Re: No AAX plugins???

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmazurek View Post
Which either means they're selling like crazy and they can't keep up, or Avid is incompetent at manufacturing. I hope it's the latter. I have been waiting on my Avid HD I/O 16x16 for weeks and it's messing up my entire schedule.

As for buying HDX now??? All I can say is, I had access to the same info as everyone else here (as did many others) and I didn't buy it because it was painfully obvious that it was too early.
If you had done your research, you would have seen that no one was getting their HD I/Os in a timely manner. Get my point? You certainly did not expect that the item would not even be available after all of the hype to go out and buy it.
This was a problem for me, too. The Omni I/O and the HDX card were promised to me for over 6 weeks before it was finally shipped. When I first ordered I was told I would have it by the end of the week. This went on for 6 more weeks.

Now, I'll give you some more info that is not out there. If your setup is more than 12.5 feet away from your computer, you're S.O.L. They don't make the cables longer than that to connect your new interface. Or so I have been told by the major dealer that sold me the stuff. So, you'll have to buy adapters for your existing cables that are a special order and cost about $50 each. I was told these would be coming in about a week, also. We'll see about that.