View Single Post
Old 01-23-2018, 02:15 PM

Default Re: What is the best PT10 version?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightyduck View Post

I don't understand what you are asking. I have the license on my iLok account. I have not activated it to the iLok.

Why? I hear of people doing this all the time.

Are you totally sure about that. Not replacing or disturbing the internal disk's OS, just booting from another disk with a different OS.

Why would theiMac Pro be an exception just because it shipped with High Sierra? Why would that allow the installation of something that would allow the installation and running of PT10?

You misunderstood. I am already running High Sierra and PT12.8.3 on my MacBook Pro. I am just looking to use PT10 to convert some sessions that PT12.8.3 won't read due to SDII audio files.

Finding a full installer is not easy. I think I found one on Amazon.

Thanks,
MD
What is so hard to understand about the question - is the PT10 license asset on your physical iLok?

People don't boot from external drives all the time. That is only for emergencies or to reload a system. Here's a thought - if your system drive is big enough partition it and load OSX 10.9.5 or OSX 10.8.5 and then load PT10. But you've already been told that.

The exception with the new iMac Pro is because it shipped with High Sierra and you can't install any OSX on that system. You never said what operating system was on your computer.

You think you found a full OSX installer on Amazon for which OSX version? I highly doubt that it's legit.

QAPLA!