View Single Post
Old 01-14-2007, 03:40 AM

Default Re: Monday Mornin\' coming down...ADR help!

Quote:
Hey all,

I'm doing ADR for an HD project, shot in Romania with US actors...the German editor has sent me a DV of the movie, which plays fine through my DC30 plus card after import into PT. At what frame rate should I record the actors? Reference has been made to 23.9...? Or should I stay with PAL 25? I've improrted the audio from the picture, and all is well...but...I'll be sending an OMF back to them (if I can export that accurately from PT) so, I want to be sure I'm recording at the proper rate...

Ideas...?

Many thanks.
As been mentioned before work at the rate they provided with the QT. The film was most likely shot either at 25P or 24P (not 24P pull-down that is!).

If it was shot at real 24P normally you will get a QT running 25fps with a stop-frame (1 duplicate frame every second to compensate for the difference)

There are some HD-cameras that do not allow to shoot at real 24P so they might have used one of those, so watch out for that. But first thing IŽd do before starting any investigation or guessing is call the editor and ask what rate you should work in.

My guess is 25fps TC 48k.

frank.