View Single Post
Old 09-25-2017, 02:23 PM

Default Re: Automation AppleScripts for Pro Tools (Mac)

Quote:
Originally Posted by caradubaxu View Post
Hi Oliver,

Thank you for the in depth and an educational thread! your discussions with Marco and other members have really opened up a door in making script work with ProTools.

Anyway, I'm struggling a bit with creating a simple delete clips script that will do the following:

...After selecting a track in Protools and pressing F13

1-The script will prompt the user to input the start location (timecode, feet+frames etc...) and end location in the same format.
2-Then it will begin deleting only up until the end location specified by the user.
3 (optional) It will ask to go down a track and proceed as it was until the user requests no.

My struggle basically is, how do I get the real time information displayed on the counters translated into something useful I can enter as a value and have the script obey it.

Would UI Browser be of any help? I've seen it mentioned before, but have not used it.

Obrigado
Hi,

One question, if you're giving the info of start and end, why don't you use that in/out to make a selection and simple delete it when that track is selected, after that it will ask if you want to go down or up the track to clean another track? I could be more simple than going clip by clip. I'm assuming all the clips inside that in/out you gave can be deleted.

UI Browser will help you for sure.

Dialog Editor, Sound Designer, Re-Recording mixer

nMacPro 6Core/D500/512GB/64Gb ram | PT HD 12 HDN Thunderbolt | HD OMNI | Avid Artist Mix | Novation Impulse 25 | Waves Mercury Native | Audioease All In Bundle | SoundToys | McDSP Classic Pack | DUY Overpack | Arturia Beatstep Pro