View Single Post
Old 02-16-2002, 10:13 PM

Default Re: Question regarding Wordclock sync...

Ok I'd like to thank you guys for your response. It now appears to me that my friend is a little confused about what he wants...and I was wrong about his interface, it's actually Pro ToolsIII here's his latest message

"Its actually protools III - rather than protools with audiomedia III - but I do have a audio media III sound card and software, I just haven't hooked it up.

Yamaha o2r - digital loop with 8-track adat - 8 analog outs from the alesis 8-track adat to the 882/20 protools interface in - 8 analog outs from the 882/20 protools interface to the line imputs track 13-24 on the yamaha O2R.

It would seem that it would be possible to route audio through the adat from the O2R to send a direct signal to protools, but I haven't figured out how to do that yet.

I can record from the adat to protools, and I can get an out put on tracks 13-24 from protools to the O2R, but I can't record from the O2R to Protools with miscellaneous signals. I have the digital cable hooked to the coaxial digital out on the O2R and in on the digital in on the 882/20 protools interface.

I think I need to create a digital loop with the O2R and Interface just as I did with the O2R and adat. Anybody have any sugestions?"

So, anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks in adavnce again