View Single Post
Old 05-04-2019, 05:21 PM

Default Re: Blue Cat Late Replies external ducking

Quote:
Originally Posted by amagras View Post
I think Axiom doesn't have sidechain input so the only way to trigger Ducker is by using the direct signal of the track Axiom is inserted. You have to insert Late Replies as a separate plugin to have this option and still I wouldn't know how to route that signal to the Ducker. If you tag Blue Cat hopefully they prove me wrong.
You're right in that Axiom doesn't have an apparent sidechain input that I can find (nor have you it seems). And that's sad if it's missing as that would be a good thing to have when using LR inside Axiom.

I've looked at the LR manual and they make no mention of how to use the eternal sidechain. I know they have MIDI control for a lot of stuff but even that doesn't cover the external sidechain business. There is a thing where one can control the sidechain enable via MIDI but nothing about using an audio input.

I have a support email into Blue Cat with this and have also asked over on Gearslutz in what's about a 2 year old thread.

Supposedly the Late Replies that's in Axiom is the same as the standalone LR (one that can be used as a plugin on it's own).

Something that just hit me - I wonder if this is only usable for vst and au format users?

QAPLA!