View Single Post
Old 05-16-2019, 01:36 PM

Default Re: "through Headphones" effect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl Ramm View Post
Start simple and just see. Think what qualitative adjustments you are trying to make. Start with simple plugins, ideally ones you have used, and see if you can do stuff, then just experiment.

---

What headphones? Open back? Closed? Cheap earbuds? Quality in-ear monitors?

As a headphone lover I'd hope they scene is using high-end headphones that show a very high sound quality, with (closed back or in-ear) significant attention or muffling (extreme roll of of high frequencies) of environment noise, maybe an increase in apparent stereo width. But that's it.

Cheap headphones, attenuate highs and lows, add some harmonic distortion.

Beats junk, roll up the bass... make it sound like crap. Hopefully that's the part in the film where the wearer is strangled with their headphone cord.
Silly me, noise cancelation headphones that fit over the ears. I totally should have added that information. they aren't beats, (thank god) and the person is listening to static while using a one way push to talk to send out morse code. I've done the different static hum for when the button is and isn't pushed as well as the click when its pushed down and pulled up. (I used a CB radio and experimented with going directly into my USBPre 2, as well as using microphone (with low pass) recording the sound coming out of a speaker.)