View Single Post
Old 07-06-2020, 01:12 AM

Default Re: midi set up thru USB-records midi but no sound-plz help

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl Ramm View Post
^^^ what Sardi said.

Just to be clear MIDI has nothing to do with getting audio from your synth. MIDI connections in Audio/MIDI setup are irrelevant.

The USB interface may or may not be totally irrelevant... often the synth/keyboard is only providing MIDI over USB... *IF* (big if) it is also providing audio over USB then you need to get that connected to Pro Tools and that is controlled in the Pro Tools Play Back Engine settings, possibly also requiring you aggregate that input from that Synth with the audio device providing sound output ... done in the Audio part of Audio/MIDI setup.

But for most setups audio does not cone via a keyboard USB connection, more often audio gets to the DAW via analog outputs of the synth going into analog inputs on your interface, possibly line level analog or into a preamp using a DI box or DI input in the preamp or interface. Oh and alright just for completeness some synths/keyboards might provide digital output like S/PDIF so you could use that to get to your audio interface.

You will get better help here if you just say exactly what synth/keyboard and audio interfaces you have.

And the track you record this audio to needs to be an *audio* track, not an instrument track. That is a common cause of problems.

Hi

It's a KingKorg Synth.

I usually just record from synth into real hardware, like real players. But I wanted the luxury of recording the part once and then go thru my real synth sounds.

Yes I tried setting up thru audio midi and I see kingkorg but don't know what to virtually patch this too?

I also tried recording thru audio track but Ive yet to even get a signal from synth using ONLY USB connection.

I have an orion studio synergy core. Are you saying I have to run a cable out of kingkork into orion studio synergy core to make this work?

Thank you

Last edited by Nightflight; 07-06-2020 at 03:15 AM.