View Single Post
Old 12-30-2020, 10:23 PM

Default Re: Pro Tools 7.4LE with Music Production Toolkit

Looks like it's 32 Instrument Tracks:

MAR 11 09 - music production toolkit incomplete
http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t...kit+Incomplete

Quote:
Originally Posted by flommer View Post
You only get 32 Instrument tracks. The track count increase is for Audio Tracks. The CPTK ups the Instrument track count to 64... That's how I read it in the PT Reference Guide, pages 34 thru 38, anyway...

If you really need more than 32, then use MIDI tracks and Aux inputs instead. You're gonna be choking that MBP depending on what instruments you're trying to use, so plan on committing a few of those to audio tracks too...
Quote:
Originally Posted by flommer View Post
... For my setup, which is PT8 with MPT2, I'm getting 64 tracks as advertised. There is a file called "MusicProductionToolkit.bundle" installed in the folder:

<system drive>/Applications/Digidesign/ProTools

I'm guessing that you need that file and the Music Production Toolkit authorization on your iLok to enable the expanded track counts...
Pro Tools Studio 2024.3 * SSL UC-1 * Digidesign Command 8 * TECH 21 SansAmp 2.0 * Xvive U3 2.4Ghz Wireless Microphone * Shure SM57 & Rode NT2-A * Fender 30 & Champ 12 valve amps * M-Audio Axiom Pro 49 * PreSonus Speakers & Monitor Station V2 * Lenovo W520 laptop Type 427637U (32 GB RAM) with extra-Ports Dock + SSDs: 2 @ Samsung T5 + 1 @ Samsung T7 * 3 Screens: 15.6” Laptop + 24” BENQ GL2450-B + Samsung 27” CT550 curved Monitor * best Wife!