View Single Post
Old 05-07-2005, 11:02 PM

Default FW1814 doesn\'t work with M-Powered!

I am really uppset and dissapointed. I sold my mbox and spent the rest of my hard earned cash on a FW1814 and M-powered. I got the FW1814 first and been using it fine with all my apps and the PTM demo. The demo ran smooth so I figured the "real" version would as well.

My FW1814 is not recognized by M-powered. I have rebooted a zillion times, installed and reinstalled latest FW1814 drivers (1.5) as well as PTM. I have taken my FW1814 to a friends house with a PC and updated the Firmware as suggested on this board. Still it doesn't work. I have repaired permissions etc. Nothing works. I do post production for films for a living. I am basically out of commision until I get this fixed. Proably the worste thing that has happened to me in a long time regarding cpu and software. Never had so much problems in my life. Why would you sell something that clearly doesn't work. People rely on software (especially) Pro-Tools to make a living. Simply unacceptable.

Is anyone successfully running PTM with a FW1814 in OSX 10.3.9???? Maybe it is the 10.3.9 thing. I dont it though. I just dont get how the demo works great but the full version brings a bucket of problems. If anyone is successful in 10.3.9 let me know. Or else I guess I will have to reformat my drive and start from skretch simply because proper drivers and software is marketed in a incorrect manner. I am upset indeed.

Mark