View Single Post
Old 10-24-2016, 12:31 PM

Default Re: What's so special about clip effects?

OK, a real world example. You have an acoustic guitar track. The guitarist was punched in during the recording, but during the punch-in he was a little closer to the mic and there is a bit more proximity effect. You can EQ and set volume during the punch-in section, and make it sound identical to the rest of the track without having to create a separate track to do it. And you can keep all of the track-based FX the same.

Perhaps you want a drum pattern and you want all FX the same, except the EQ different during the verses. Trivial to do with Clip FX.

EQ a singer differently during different sections. And so on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl Duncan View Post
Hi all,

I just started using PT12, after being stuck at PT10 for a few years because of the 32/64bit issue. So far I am loving it, nice new features especially the commit feature, but I have a couple of question.

First of all can someone give me a couple of real world examples why "clip effects" is so special. Why wouldn't one just have clips they wanted effected differently on different tracks and use regular track effects? Where exactly would effecting each clip in the same track differently be of real use? Would love to hear a few scenario examples.

Secondly, for me Commit is a game changer, will save tons of time, but exactly how is "Freeze" different from "Commit"?

Thanks in advance!

-Darryl
www.gamebeatstudios.com

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk