View Single Post
Old 09-28-2020, 05:22 AM

Default Re: Macintosh moving to ARM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArKay99 View Post
Lastly, It seems there are a few on here that have already purchased the new Mac Pro... I'm wondering if they like them.
I really like mine but I'd say the need for one is very specific. I'm on HDX and am currently working on a project in Atmos, so my choices were pretty limited when I made the purchase earlier this year (I'm not interested in going PC or Hackintosh). If I'd had even a near-equivalent option, I would have gone another route. I can justify the business expense but it's still a tough pill to swallow.

That said, the Mac Pro is a powerhouse and very quiet (save the stupid HDX fan), but the ARM thing does annoy me. I don't know if it'll end up actually being an issue but it has the potential to be a big one. Just moving to Catalina in January (months after its release) was a pain... who knows how bad the move to ARM will be. As others have pointed out, being on the last good Intel machine could be a blessing in disguise for those of us who rely on stability for our businesses.