View Single Post
Old 05-25-2020, 03:47 PM

Default Re: Pro Tools 2020.5 GUI FREAK OUT on Windows 10

I'm glad to see someone is finally seeing a similar issue to the one I reported on 2020.3 (although sorry to hear its got you too...). Avid support was horrible. I felt like I was talking to a robot - maybe I was. about every 5 days I'd get some generic response telling me to change settings that I clearly had already told them I had tried. eventually they just closed the issue with no fix. Useless.

I could not use it and had to go back to 2019.12 (which works great for me). Since I'm paying for support through 2021 I thought I'd give 2020.5 a try. I uninstalled 2019.12 (as recommended by others) and manually uninstalled the pieces it does not clean up (avid link, etc.) then installed 2020.5.

as soon as I bounce a file all hell breaks loose. I had a 4 minute song and about 3 min into the bounce, the first sign is always that time remaining gets a black box on it and you can't read it any more (black text on black background..). Once the bounce is done, the screen is so freaked out that you can;t save and close using the mouse - I can only use shortcuts to try to save and exit. in this case memorize "CTRL+S" and CTRL+Shift+W to exit safely. CTRL+ALT+W will close any "floating windows" like plugins if they are on top.

Sometimes during the bounce all goes wild and parts of the display start flashing. completely insane.

I disabled all scaling on my graphics card (Nvidia GT730) and set the compatibility "override high DPI settings" to "system" as prescribed in the 2020.5 Readme, even though I am not using display scaling or a 4K monitor. I have dual monitors and each is 1920x1080 (that's 1080p, not 4K). Did not make any difference. I also disabled the GPU under preferences. again, no difference.

the screenshots here are from a session that was mostly midi/virtual instruments but it happens in a straight up audio session too. i am not using video files at all.

Looks like I will be going back to 2019.12 once again. sigh....
Attached Images
File Type: png displaycorruption3.PNG (3.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg displaysettings.jpg (22.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg display_corruption1.jpg (64.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg display_after_bounce_sm.jpg (66.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg displaycorruption4sm.jpg (37.2 KB, 0 views)
Win10
www.studiodrumtracks.com
www.doubledogrecording.com

Last edited by mkosacek; 05-25-2020 at 04:29 PM.