View Single Post
Old 10-19-2020, 03:55 PM

Default Upgraded to HDX from HD3-Issues

I haven’t been on the DUC in years. Was happily running PT10HD tdm rig with no issues. I recently upgraded to HDX and PT Ultimate 2020.9.1 and I’m having problems that I can’t figure out and I’ve called Avid multiple times but it hasn’t solved my issues. I’m trying to figure out if I have something set wrong somewhere or if these issues are bugs that people are experiencing on 2020.9.1. I have done all of the system optimization stuff and the system was a complete clean install.

So here is the first big problem.
If I have any plugin open and touch a fader using the mouse or one of my Artist Mix, the GUI of the plugin closes. It’s still on the channel but it simply closes. Impossible to mix that way. I can’t find anything in preferences that would change this. I’ve trashed prefs etc but no luck. I’ve noticed that sometimes it won’t do it if I grab a fader that isn’t in a group but 99% of the time the plugin closes regardless. I’m hoping that there is a pref somewhere that is new that I missed.
UPDATE: If I hold the “control” key down on the keyboard I can keep the plugin from going away. Could this be a Mac focus thing or something I’m not familiar with coming from an old OS?
UPDATE: Problem solved. In the new version of the EUCON software under General “close windows on workstations when exiting” was checked as a default. Uncheck and “feature” disabled.

2nd problem
After launching PT for the first time of the day and hitting play on any session, I get a 9093 error and it stops playback every single time. After that first one, everything seems fine.
I was getting a number of random 9093s but after disabling Avid Link at startup, the problems decreased dramatically. No clue why that worked. WiFi is not and wasn’t turned on.

3rd problem
When using Click II metronome, when hitting play or record, the very first click often flams badly. It will do this regardless of buffer settings or DC enabled or disabled. Why doesn’t PT have a dsp click?! Is it just me or is does that really suck? My tdm rig did.

Lots more but I’ll keep it to those 3 for this thread.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks so much

Last edited by crashboombam; 10-19-2020 at 08:36 PM. Reason: One problem solved