View Single Post
Old 02-09-2019, 01:32 AM

Default Re: It's a sad day...

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieJones View Post
That wouldn't be easy... there are months of difference between when a supplier ships to when systems are built to when they ship from the factory to when the dealer sells them. As I said we didn't think it was a widespread issue at the time(and still don't). We changed as a safety measure. I would hate to have had to alarm 1000's of users and have them all changing out cables unnecessarily.
Well, that's what proper manufacturing processes do, right? Track stuff. If you cannot tell what part of what manufacturer went into which desk that was delivered at what date to which seller you really should talk to your COO about this.

And from a user's perspective, I'd rather get a notice that something could have issues even if I might not be affected than no notice at all.
You're selling a premium product. This should be reflected in the communication processes.
Imagine a car manufacturer not notifying customers if the brakes could possibly fail because of a bad delivery from a supplier.
Now imagine same car manufacturer not being able to tell the customer what cars are affected and using this as an excuse to not even communicate the issue!
Normally if something like this happens I expect to get notified and offered a free exchange of the faulty part, even if it only 'could' be faulty for a product in this category.

I have to say I'm quite surprised! And not in a very good way after spending almost $200k on your product.

That being said, is it true that Avid changed the soft buttons in the center section after a while to better quality ones? Just heard that as a rumor, it wasn't communicated either. Would be nice to get the official version of this.