View Single Post
Old 04-30-2012, 05:32 PM

Default Re: Good news! Slate AAX DSP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oblivion777 View Post
I see and uderstand Werner's point. However there are us, new wave of PT users who are not Waves worshippers and who are fairing well with other 3rd party plugins. And I know of some friends of the industry who have their HD TDM rigs and use McDSP and other plugs who did announce DSP support. Time will tell, but still I am confident that DSP will live on. I see that there are people that have no need of AAX-DSP plugins and that is great. And there are people that need DSP. Period. But I agree that the whole DSP issue is not and cannot be connected to Waves. Except for the Mercury users. But again there are alternatives.
Well considering that you have digital mixers for live (other than venue) that offers up to 9 DSP cards for internal processing... DSP is no where to be gone yet. Clearly wave is trying to see where the market might be going, or if they will push their own dsp/hardware more than making plugins. But there comes a point where if they want to keep in a market share, they will have no choice but to change. If they do not go aax dsp, they will lose the clients they had over the hd, those that literally spent tens of thousands on tdm plugins which have wups.. and in there could possibly lay the founding for a recourse against wave. But that's an other subject.

In any event throughout the recording era, product came and went, if waves doesn't go dsp, it will just be an other product to go, and people will adjust.

Wave-T.com