View Single Post
Old 05-13-2005, 07:29 AM

Default Re: FW1814 doesn\'t work with M-Powered!

I feel you on this one! I use PT HD at work on most of my sessions. I wanted to pick up a copy of PT for my home DAW, but I didn't want or need the 002 and I bought M-box about 4 months prior and hated it so much I had to sell it and loose 50 dollors cause the most I could get for it was 300. AS soon as I heard about M-Powered I bought it! I had the same problems, first it was the firmware issue, I think it's ridiculous that you have to bring the unit to a PC. WHat if I didn't know anyone with one? You shouldn't have to do that bottom line! (I know they are trying to fix it, but people are still having problems with 1.5!) Any ways, today, as I write this, PT M powered is sitting in it's box somewhere in my house. IT NEVER GOT FIXED! I posted about 100 posts on this forum and I got so much information about how to fix my problem, I got replys from digidesin, I got replys from users, in fact I wrote a message stating how angry I was at the situation and I got my head torn right off! Digidesign even erased some of my posts! It is amazing how dedicated some users are, they really took my comments about MY problem to heart, it was like I was out of line for being angry I spent 800 for nothing? go figure!. Anyway, I got a lot of help but nothing anyone told me worked besides the firmwire problem. I did get PT to work a little bit, but I had to take it off my computer because my brand new G5 was running like ASS and as soon as I uninstalled PT it was fine. So since then, I've installed TIGER, and PT mpowered isn't going anywhere near my computer untill the update comes out and everyone is happy. I'm trying to keep my cool, but when I see post after post with the same problem as me almost word for word it bothers me and fuels my fire once again. I hope you get everything straighted out, as for me it looks like i'll be waiting yet another couples months before I use mine. Hey, I can look at it as I preordered M-Powered 5 months in advance! Great job digidesign, a true american company...