View Single Post
Old 03-01-2019, 11:29 PM

Default Re: MacBook Air Mobile Rig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanner. View Post
I've recently acquired a new MacBook Air (1.8Ghz i5, 8 GB RAM, 120 GB SSD) and I'm hoping to use it for mobile recordings. I have an Antelope Audio Zen Studio+ interface that can run either USB or Thunderbolt and I was curious as to which connection I should use. I want to record to an external drive but I'm unsure if I should use a Thunderbolt drive with the USB interface option or vice versa. What would be the most efficient method to ensure the least amount of issues?
I have the same model of Macbook Air and invested around 500 Euros in a 2 TB internal SSD (Samsung 970 EVO) via NVME M2 Adapter to substitute the 128 GB one. It is super fast and you don't need an external drive. I partitioned it in a 500 GB start volume and a 1,5 TB data volumes.
The only drawback: You need at least mac OS 10.13., Sierra does not recognize the drive.
I don't do big mobile recordings but edited sessions with 120 tracks on that machine without a problem.

Best

Mark