View Single Post
Old 02-10-2009, 02:26 PM

Angry Re: RTAS or memory problems?

Below is all my post on this issue if you can't comprehend what I'm running is there someone that can read This is basic functions, basic setup with 4 tracks, ONE TRACK WITH RTAS ORGAN repeats, repeats.... I'm using LOGIC PRO with APOGEE more and more everyday!!!

1. Which drive you're recording/playing back from READ BELOW
2. If you have video in your session NO
3. If you have any other peripherals connected to your computer and, if so, what are they. NO
4. Have you tried reducing the number of processors by 1 and, if so, did anything change. NO
5. You said earlier that you had a session that was working - what's different in that one vs. ones that aren't working? I LOADED A SMALL SESSION WITH 4 TRACKS TRIED RUN ONE TRACK WITH RTAS ORGAN AND THERE"S A PROBLEM
6. Did you do a clean install of Leopard or did you upgrade from Tiger?READ BELOW FROM MANY PRE POST
7. Did you do a clean install of Pro Tools 8 or did you have a previous version installed and just upgrade it? READ BELOW COMPREHEND!!!

Quote:
Just installed PT8 on new HD and I'm going through all functions loaded a small session which seems to work ok, but when I use the RTAS instruments I'm running into problems Repeating, notes holding, clicking noise... having experienced a crash yet but would liek to know if this a PT8 problem ? G5 dual 2.0/4gigs of ram
Quote:
I'm using a G5 dual 2.0 4G of ram, 10.5.5, SCSI Atto UL3d, 4 HD 73G, New system hard drive, I have not loaded any plug-ins just the ones which install with PT8. I opened an old session which seems to work w/o any problems but I haven't had time to explore and test out everything other than this problem. When I have the session up I add an instrument track to test say "organ" I push the keys and eventually is starts to go into a locked loop for a minute then it releases. It doesn't crash or it hasn't crashed yet... Also, when it releases then I start getting clicks when tracks are in play mode? All setting are presently in default mode since I just installed and started to go through different scenarios .
Quote:
Same set-up with fresh hard drive but I didn't load any of my plugs except ones that are included in PT8 upgrad
Quote:
dual-core' G5 PCI model
Quote:
TTO ExpressPCI UL3D yes
Sync Rate: 160 DT yes
PCI Burst Rate: 128 yes
Fallback Sync rate: 20/10
Quote:
yes it's a 33Mhz which has been in the computer since 6.xx works great zero problems.....didn't have a chance to change setting because I have other computers running different software with present project that needs to be finished.
I have a feeling this isn't going to solve the problem but I will still change the setting. It seems there are many people having this problem who are using older G5 computer.
Quote:
have done a clean install of PT8 on new HD never installed any other plug other than what comes with PT8 and RTAS is having problems I did all recommended adjustments and there still problems