View Single Post
Old 03-12-2019, 09:35 AM
IK Multimedia

Default Re: Announcing SampleTank 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon.a.billington View Post
Thanks Pete. The user demo does sound quite good for straight out of the box.

One question I have regarding DSP. Like many others I do my composing in another DAW, Logic. I prefer to not with multis much because freezing them to free up your CPU can become a bit of a nightmare. My usual approach would be to duplicate the tracks and mute the other elements, that way I can freely and independently freeze different parts of the multi when I need to.

Anyway, I was wondering, when it comes to ST4, how does it, to Logic handle it's memory. Am I multiplying the resources ST4 uses by duplicating the multis, or would each instance reference the same memory??

Feel free to ask around at the office!! Haha!!

In other news, I have a suggestion to make... more world/ethnic instruments and other exotic sound design elements. It's these types of elements that can help set productions apart and make them sound more "professional."
Hi, first thanks for the suggestion. We do include the world/ethnic from SampleTank 3 so I hope there's some there that you like at the present, though!

For the memory usage, that is indeed handled by your DAW and I'm not sure precisely how Logic manages this with VIs but it seems to be among the better DAWs in that aspect (as well as CPU/core management which can be tricky and if memory serves Logic does it uniquely but well there).