View Single Post
Old 12-15-2000, 12:35 AM

Default Re: Question for Meek VC1Q’ers - Others welcome too.

Bassmac-
For starters, I think that it's important to realize that the 001/LE package is a steal. I know people that "mistakingly" paid $2,500 for a 1680, with far less than half the power that we now have. You shouldn't linger on how much more additional extras are as compared to the 001. Again, how bad do want to meet your goals?
As for the Manley, I love it. Although part of me wishes that I would have saved another $700 for the two channel one. The fact is though, I really didn't have the $1300 for the Monoblock; I just barely made it happen. But while I'm poor now, I now have the confidence in my gear and my sound to commit to "keeper" tracks. In all honesty(and I'm sure some on the DUC will argue this) I wanted the tube(at least a good one anyway) in my signal path to truly warm my sound away from the digital harshness. I looked at the Averill Neve's & API's, but a friend of mine considered the option a little limited, having used them. Don't get me wrong, they sound amazing, but when you've got Manley and Focusrite on loan, the others seem to take a back seat. I couldn't get close to buying anything Focusrite, minus the platnium stuff, and the Manley is all tube. There you have it. Hope this helps...