View Single Post
Old 11-11-2019, 03:47 PM

Default Re: CPU usage different with 2019.5?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blinkofani View Post
Well, I'm not a Power PT user and sure don't have the most powerful Mac but it took less than 2 minutes before I got a -6101 error and playback stopped. PT CPU usage shows a 24% usage. Everything seems well under control but that error message popped up quick.

Also, on the first opening I got the message that PT is not optimized bla bla bla. So, business as usual here with PT 2019.5, nothing to see move along...

Blink
The AAE-6101 error is killing me!! Almost literally. If it continues I will definitely lose some jobs. I work in a HEAVY RF environment, and even when I think I have it figured out at home/studio, it comes out and makes me look like a Pro Fool. I have Logic going as a backup, and now becoming plan A.

Running a Mac Mini with 16gb of ram, 10.14.16 and PT 2019.10. No extra plugins on that machine. System on internal and running one SSD drive for sessions. But I am pushing (2) 250mw transmitters in the block 22 and (2) 300mw transmitters in 216 as well as some extra when they are needed. All around my Mac.

But Logic is solid. Unfortunately, I'll have to go back and redo the sessions I have in Pro Tools for delivery. But better than it stopping play at $200/min or work time with all eyes on me. Oh the horror stories I cannot tell you about. I still cringe.