View Single Post
Old 08-11-2003, 08:43 AM

Default Re: ProTools 6.1 and AV Option XL!

Quote:
Originally posted by Helgonet:
IDE makes it crash under OS X
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">VERY PRELIMINARY TESTING BUT -

I installed 6.1 and AVXL. on a new G4 mirrored dual 1.25. with 1.5 Ram.

I DID NOT instal the atto card. The XL card is in the far pci slot. I have a WD 180 2nd drive. System 10.2.6

I transferred an Meridian based 24 frame OMF picture file onto the WD and it played back just fine. It is a 15 minute reel. I have NOT loaded a bunch of tracks with it yet, nor have i tried to lock it up to incoming TC. I will keep testing this week. BUT IT WORKS ON THE INTERNAL DRIVE so far.

ONE REALLY WEIRD problem. AVXL installs an Extension called PHOENIX.x(kext?) and on reboot of the system an Apple Message says this is a "security issue) I believe this file reverts to a 1969 date. I am guessing one of those 'apple security fix' files is reading this file. I searched Answerbase but nada.

I started from scracth 3 times this weekend (scratch = init disk HFS+) and finally the Apple message seemed to go away. Before it went away it offered 3 choices. FIX (one time i tried it but my own Administration password didn't do it) DON"T USE was choice 2 but it also said that any program associated with it would not run. and FIX and USE. So I would like to know if anyone else has seen this.

I have rebooted several times since and it hasn't popped up. I noticed that it APPEARS you can have a quicktime movie file if you boot without the breakout box turned on. That seems cool. DIGI, would a second video card IGNITER work as an option in this case???????

(i will read the docs. So far I have not read much)

peace
scott