View Single Post
Old 03-02-2017, 07:33 PM

Default Built-in instruments not sustaining

Hi, all-

This is my first time trying out virtual instruments in Pro Tools... when I use third-party instruments (Pianoteq, for example) and certain PT freebies (like Xpand), everything works fine. With certain instruments that come with PT 12 (so far tested Mini Grand and Structure), each note cuts off after a few milliseconds, regardless of how long I hold down the note/chord on my keyboard.

The same issue happens if I use the virtual instrument's built-in UI (like Mini Grand's keyboard)... so it doesn't seem to be an issue with my external controller. In any case, here's that info... I'm using a generic USB MIDI interface, with my ancient Kurzweil K2000 as the controller.

The system I'm on at the moment is #3 in my signature, the Macbook Pro.

Thanks in advance for any light you can shed!

-Mark