View Single Post
Old 08-18-2017, 04:09 PM

Default Re: Control|24 and ProControl with Pro Tools 11?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry Johns View Post
I rarely disagree with you, your points about faders is fair, that being said, I personally feel that the D-Command smokes the procontrol all day and night in so many ways. I feel the same way about it compared to the C-24 and the S-3.

IMHO, the only thing out there today to beat it is the S-6.

I also think that the Slate Raven MTI2 is freaking awesome! I'd take it over an S-3 any day!

After all of this, even though I've moved away from the ProControl, I will continue to have a voice of reason, and argue that Avid had a choice to continue to allow these units to work or not, and chose not to. That being said, they still have that choice option on the table, they can simply do the right thing, make the necessary adjustments to the coding in ProTools, and poof, the pro control and the control 24 all the sudden start working again.
Yeah after thinking back maybe I glorified our ProControl a bit too much but as I totally loved the fader feeling those fine parts made I miss that. We have two Raven MTi2 and use them daily and now I miss our D Control after looking back hehe

PS. You know I respect you a lot and you are allowed to disagree

We are on the verge of ordering our S6 M40 but as we use our SSL4000G+ for everything mixing related I feel we might buy a D Control or a D Command again since we can get soo much more for that money a S6 will set us back and after using ine although a M10 16 faders for a week I was not as impressed as I thought I would with the feel of that unit. Not as solid as the older ICON's but we will have a pow wow here and see what is needed. A great D Command 32 fader will work great in the room we were considering a S6 and we can buy more gear and still save money ...

Thanks for the info and thoughts Barry!

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————