View Single Post
Old 03-06-2021, 10:46 AM

Default Re: HD | Native card not recognized by Catalina?

Because of my work, I have a setup with a 27" iMac and two 27" Thunderbolt monitors. These are set up on my workstation in such a way that I have to get up and look behind the left-hand display to see my Omni or ULN-2. It's not convenient, but I've been so busy with work, and I'm so reluctant to give up a 3-display system, that it's the best way for me to function.

Today, I shut everything down, took everything out of the Echo Express chassis, cleaned the contacts, blew out the dust, and removed both extra monitors in order to 1) troubleshoot and 2) get the ULN-2 that I had sent back to Metric Halo for an upgrade reinstalled into the rack.

Well.

While the ULN-2 was in Florida, I set the Omni as the default I/O, and it worked just fine. Maybe the timing is just coincidental, but it seems that the Omni has died. I saw this morning that there is nothing at all on the front panel but the ring light around the power button. Nothing else.

No wonder the system isn't recognizing it; there's nothing to recognize.

I don't know how much it would cost or what would be involved in getting the Omni working again.

Maybe this is a sign from the universe that it's time to stop giving hundreds of dollars to Avid every year for a product that I'm really not using that much anymore because of my work schedule, and use Studio One if I need a DAW…
Finale 26.3.1