View Single Post
Old 11-29-2017, 10:30 PM

Default Re: Mbox 2 Mini x Mac OS Sierra HELP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Jenssen View Post
Actually, there might be a solution. There is a 3'rd party driver:
https://www.usb-audio.com/

I used this for several years to squeeze a few more years out of an old MBox original on unsupported OS's and PT versions. Worked just fine.

Back then it cost about $50, and I was very happy with value and support.

You could demo it.
Sure, this might be an alternative option. Yet I think I would not invest further 50-60 bucks (it goes for €60.- in Europe) in an old box which will be legacy sooner or later (more sooner than later) if I ainīt totally broke.

The Focusrite 2i2 is the by far better sounding and better working unit and the Gen2 model is a modern piece of gear, adapted for the latest generations of soft- and hardware, going for only 150 bucks.
Thereīs no driver needed on Mac which always is great and itīs proven to work well with the latest versions of macOS and Pro Tools.

I donīt know. Itīs up to everyone themselves of course. Again, if I ainīt totally broke, so that it would be impossible to invest 100 bucks more at that time, I personally think I rather would go for the more recent,
class compliant, really good sounding little Scarlet 2i2 Gen2 than for a 3rd party driver for 60 bucks and an old Mbox.

But thats only my personal opinion of course. No harm meant!

Cheers.