Thread: Falcon 2
View Single Post
Old 11-09-2019, 04:11 AM

Default Re: Falcon 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightWing View Post
UPDATE 11/9/2019! It appears UVI has posted a new version on their site for F2 owners which appears to fix these anomalies. I used their Portal SW to download, install version 2.03 (Windows) and verify the errors are gone in Pro Tools. I guess we can expect Avid to post theirs soon as well.

I have found that running F2 STANDALONE still gives you these Mounting Errors as well as in the VST of Studio One.

I put in a Support Ticket with UVI outlining the above and suggested they write more Code to check the DAW it is being loaded into as a Plugin as well as if Standalone use.

Of course the easiest thing to do would be for them to make the "Avid Content" work no matter what situation the customer is using the product in but then again there may be "legal constraints" to that happening. :)
Just downloaded F2.03 through the UVI Portal and there's nothing in the changelog (Mac) that mentions anything about the issues people are running into here. I ran F2.02 with no problems in either PT or standalone in OSX 10.13.6. Of course the Avid-provided content won't work outside of PT. There's also changes to Falcon Factory and that might be where things are fixed. There's no changelog for that though.

Sadly I doubt those running the Avid-provided Falcon 2 will see these updates.

Peripheral to this String Machines and the free UVI Player have updates as well.

QAPLA!