View Single Post
Old 09-04-2013, 07:43 PM

Default Re: There Should be a Mixing Critique Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by albee1952 View Post
Good question, but not so easy to answer. On the one hand, the public can be a good barometer(post stuff on youtube and see what happens). Many do post right here in this section of the DUC, and I have offered opinion, along with many others here. I always feel a bit hesitant to be too critical as I have no gold records hanging on my wall(yet), but there are many here that offer good insight(and hopefully, mine is constructive too). Post away with a tune or two, but be choosy about what you post, due to copyright laws(maybe only upload a verse and chorus, so you don't risk the whole song). In the end, your ears(trained and experienced) and comparison against commercial releases in a similar style will get you pretty far
i appreciate the comment! but youtube isn't a good place to put your mixes if you seek advice in regards to mixing... it just isn't. a good platform to share your music, yes. but deff. not a good place to go to if all you want is mixing critique. i feel what your saying about relying on your ear and I 100% completely agree... but it is always great to get an opinion / insight on your mix from an outside source... i just think a section like this would make perfect sense, especially being that is is a community in which there are hundreds maybe even thousands of mixers / engineers who range in very different experience levels and musical genres that could offer great help and insight to people's mixes, you know?