Thread: re: 11
View Single Post
Old 02-17-2016, 03:22 PM

Default Re: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl Ramm View Post
Yes and you are failing to answer a very precisely asked and deliberate question. HDX is a hardware card. It does not tell us anything about what license you are trying to use with that card. What actual Pro Tools license asset is on your iLok? It has to be a HD license as a standard license will not let Pro Tools use a HDN or HDX interface. Deliberately crippled by Avid not to work.

Commonly this happens when folks buy a bare HDN or HDX board hoping to use that with a standard Pro Tools license, or when they mistakingly plug in the wrong iLok or forget to download the HD license asset, or occasionally when multiple iLoks are plugged into a computer with different mixes of standard/HD licenses on them and iLoks/drivers have problems. When folks mistakingly mix up licenses on first gen iLoks etc. We cannot guess what you are exactly doing or if you already understand all these (fairly common) issues or not

So can you now please just answer the question clearly. What exact license is on the iLok? (look in the iLok license manager, post a screenshot here if it helps, but hide any personal info). Ideally unplug any other iLoks that don't contain the Pro Tools HD license while you do that. And no don't just assume, actually go look in the License Manager. It's very easy to mess this up installing the wrong license, grabbing the wrong iLok, etc.
I know I am not the sharpest knife in the drawer, but I have been using Pro tools long enough to know I can't use a none HD license with HD, SO here is your answer, I am using a HD license that came in a 10/11 bundle, I hope that is clear enough for you
blue ray player
HDX 1, 2 16X16 interfaces
sync I/O.