View Single Post
Old 11-26-2018, 04:48 PM

Default Re: Resurrecting Mbox PT LE (Win XP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBox XP View Post
At this stage I cant set up a Full Pro Tools recording system (that would be ideal). The goal is for them to learn the multitrack recording process on a computer and how to record with microphones, guitars, keyboards, etc.

Are you saying that the MBox I have cannot be interfaced with any computer system or DAW so that it can record?

The Disposable world is very annoying. I really don't enjoy throwing out working equipment. I have seen plenty of affordable interfaces online and in stores, but prefer to use this MBox if possible.

thanks for your reply
We are talking high school students here?

You should be able to answer support/compatibility question yourself. The Mbox you have (and it unclear exactly what you have as you have not told us) is usable with any other DAW as long as there is a device driver available for it on an operating system you want to use that also supports a DAW you want to use. You can Google for Avid legacy device drivers, what Avid has available is all there on their web site. And Avid and other DAW makers have lots of doc online about what OS versions their DAWs support.

The disposable world is really just fine here. There are now much better interfaces available at relatively low cost. You should have got good use out of your gear, and if you wants to have upgrades licensing over the years to be able to use as credit towards a current Pro Tools license it would have cost you a lot more than just letting it just go. And Pro Tools 2018 offers way more than old old versions of Pro Tools LE.

So start with the objectives you are trying to achieve and get the computer and interface to support that. If you describe that in detail here, including budget folks can make suggestion. If would align any work with the compute platform the school uses, Macs or PCs (OK Chrome makes it harder...).